Things most people have/do but you don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things most people have/do but you don't

Are there any things that everyone else does, or has, that you get by without quite happily? Me, I've never learned to drive and it's never bothered me, though I feel I want to learn now just to see if I can - I still wouldn't want to have a car cos I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of maintenance, insurance, finding parking etc. I suppose I'm lucky in that I have great public transport where I live.
    Also never had a dishwasher, don't mind washing up and to me it's just another piece of equipment that's bound to break down occasionally.
    On the other hand I know plenty of people don't use tumble dryers- i wouldn't be without mine. What are your must-haves or don't-needs? What do you not do that makes other people go, "God, really?"

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    Are there any things that everyone else does, or has, that you get by without quite happily? Me, I've never learned to drive and it's never bothered me, though I feel I want to learn now just to see if I can - I still wouldn't want to have a car cos I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of maintenance, insurance, finding parking etc. I suppose I'm lucky in that I have great public transport where I live.
    Also never had a dishwasher, don't mind washing up and to me it's just another piece of equipment that's bound to break down occasionally.
    On the other hand I know plenty of people don't use tumble dryers- i wouldn't be without mine. What are your must-haves or don't-needs? What do you not do that makes other people go, "God, really?"
    Materialism I despise , so me keeps my life simple , peace of mind I have and appreciate , fandango's ? , wouldn't bother me arse with them , dishwasher ? me prefers to do them in the sink . Would like to get my hands on a clothes mangle thoiugh , maybe I need to be checked out .. .

Comment

what on earth is a fandango? know it was mentioned in Bohemian Rhapsody.

Clothes mangle - i'm sure there must be a museum you could nick one from......but maybe get checked out first as you say.......

Comment

We don't have a tumble dryer or dishwasher ....and if I was offered both for nothing I wouldn't take them.......
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
          We don't have a tumble dryer or dishwasher ....and if I was offered both for nothing I wouldn't take them.......
          deffo had you down as a dishwasher man. why so anti-both? For me its just as easy to wash-up because you still have to rinse the plates before putting them in the dishwasher and most of the time its just me and the daughter......I tend to do the pots quickly while she dishes up.....so it's done in no time at all. If I regularly entertained I might consider one. But I really couldn't be bothered pegging out clothes and waiting for them to dry while worrying they'll get rained on. Sometimes use an airer/radiators indoors though.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
            Tumble dryer , go through the units on your ESB metre quicker than a St Bernard at a bowl of porridge ....to hell with that , that's why God invented clothes lines .

Comment

what on earth is a fandango? know it was mentioned in Bohemian Rhapsody.

Clothes mangle - i'm sure there must be a museum you could nick one from......but maybe get checked out first as you say.......
              Don't need to spend 50 blips to be told something amiss ......there's horses waiting to be backed ....giddy-up .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                Tumble dryer , go through the units on your ESB metre quicker than a St Bernard at a bowl of porridge ....to hell with that , that's why God invented clothes lines .
                yes but they're so quick and convenient! Hanging out clothes is drudgery of the worst kind........
                take today, for example......i've run out if underwear and leggings. Going to the optician at 3.30. Put a wash on about half an hour ago, whole lot will be clean and dry in a couple of hours and I'm good to go........

Comment

yes but they're so quick and convenient! Hanging out clothes is drudgery of the worst kind........
                  take today, for example......i've run out if underwear and leggings. Going to the optician at 3.30. Put a wash on about half an hour ago, whole lot will be clean and dry in a couple of hours and I'm good to go........
                  Best cure for that [regards your smalls] go bareback .

Comment

Best cure for that [regards your smalls] go bareback .
                    but i might get run over on the way to the optician.......and people would know

Comment

but i might get run over on the way to the optician.......and people would know
                      Be the least of your problems ....

Comment

What package do you have regards your T.V.?

Comment

deffo had you down as a dishwasher man. why so anti-both? For me its just as easy to wash-up because you still have to rinse the plates before putting them in the dishwasher and most of the time its just me and the daughter......I tend to do the pots quickly while she dishes up.....so it's done in no time at all. If I regularly entertained I might consider one. But I really couldn't be bothered pegging out clothes and waiting for them to dry while worrying they'll get rained on. Sometimes use an airer/radiators indoors though.
                          There is only two of us whats the point of a dishwasher , if i'm making the dinner and using the pots I just wash one when it's finished it use and then put it away...when i'm finished eating my dinner I take the plate and knife & folk to the sink , wash them and put them away, if I have a cup of coffee , when i'm finished I wash the cup and put it away ....and mrs D does the same....there is never a build up of dishes.......except when we entertain.......washing goes on the line or airs in a room
                          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

People seem to have loads of problems.....Somehow I manage to avoid having the same.
                            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Be the least of your problems ....
                              true.
                              I'm also not very interested in phones and gadgets.......all this stuff about apps and different messaging services does my head in. To me a mobile phone is just so you can contact people if you need to when out, be reached in an emergency or look up directions etc. Really can't be bothered playing with it on the bus etc., I'd rather look out the window, but most people seem to view their phones as an extra limb they couldn't be without......weird. At home I only use the landline, have got a mobile but it's rarely used. Could not survive without my tablet though.

Comment

Working...
                              X