Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
      So did I Once I lived in Coolock for two years that and the Kilmardinny were the local watering holes.

Most drinking is done in houses now just like America.

In Raheny we also had the Old Sheiling That is gone. I went to lots of parties there
      Was that on the malahide Rd on the right hand side going out toward howth? Or am I lost?.......again.lol

Comment

These are the Walls people have been complaining about, Erected to stop flooding, They are to high and an eyesore

They will look better than sandbags....
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

These are the Walls people have been complaining about, Erected to stop flooding, They are to high and an eyesore
          They are a real eyesore ruining a well loved beauty spot and vista.

The local residents have objected and latest I hear is the council are re-thinking the ugly walls.
          'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
            Was that on the malahide Rd on the right hand side going out toward howth? Or am I lost?.......again.lol
            The Old Sheiling was on the Howth Rd just past Raheny village.

Comment

Yes Tolka It was on your right coming from the city
              Attached Files

Comment

Guess I would be totally lost lol .I worked across the Rd on houses in the early 60s there.

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
                  Guess I would be totally lost lol .I worked across the Rd on houses in the early 60s there.
                  The Old Sheiling no longer exists, I think they have or are hoping to build apartments there. I know they had planning permission sought but local residents objected,

I don't know if that was sorted out.

They plan to build apartments in St Annes Park that is also causing a lot of Problems

They are hoping to build 400 apartments

Comment

St Annes Park

Comment

This is the lovely wall they build from Ringsend to Donny brook. Why could this wall, Not have been built in Clontarf, Why has that area the ugly wall is it because its not Dublin 4
                      Attached Files

Comment

St Annes Park County Council Healthy Eating, I can't see anything healthy there
                        Attached Files

Comment

February 7 at 6:30pm
                          Hi All, Meeting in the Cedars tomorrow--Monday--night at 8pm about the new wall at Saint Anne's. All Welcome. Remember, that stretch of the coast is actually in Raheny. The Council have already conceded about the cladding. Let's see if we can get them to lower it a more sensible height and give us back our beautiful and uplifting view

Haha
                          Attached Files

Comment

Raheny Village 1945
                            Attached Files

Comment

Raheny Village 1945
                              The garda station to the left, in my time Sgt Dooley was the boss man. The building ahead became a bookies, and I think its a hairdressers now. The stream that runs under the bridge beside the garda station runs right past my old house, I walk along it when visiting my brother. I have happy memories of that village... and having one of my first drinks with Ma in The Manhattan when the floor was covered in straw and they had a ring board on the wall. Memories......
                              Last edited by Rashers; 19-02-2016, 11:38 PM. Reason: Typo made while writing from phone earlier.

Comment

Was there a monastery close by ?

Comment

Working...
                                X