Smithfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post
    My Uncle Rory ( O Connor ) with the Lord Mayor in Smithfield 1988 [ATTACH]70184[/ATTACH]
    Nice one Bo...little tidy up.
    Attached Files
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Paid a visit last Thursday, took the brother along. We had a good walk around the old hometown, remembering who lived here, who lived there, what was there and what was here etc. All in all a very enjoyable visit, the brother thought it was great, he doesn't go back as often as I do, reckon he'll want to do it again in a few more weeks.

Comment

• Forgot to mention in my last post, we dropped in to O'Gara's in Stoneybatter to quench our thirst. A couple of cool lagers and then we headed back down to Smithfield and had a couple more in Delaney's before heading off. It was a beautiful day, lovely feeling about the place, felt at home again.

Comment

• Another pic of the old homestead Paudge
          Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for all these great pics Joan. This pic brings back some memories. Do you see that phone box? Well when I was a kid meself and a friend [Joe] were messing about with the phone, not doing any damage, just trying to talk to somebody. Well a big garda came along, Joe did a runner. I was terrified, thought I was going to get arrested but he turned out to be a very nice garda. Gave me a little talk about how important telephone boxes were and we should never mess with them. I assuared him I never would mess with the telephone again. ''Good man'' he said and patted me on the head. That box is long gone now, like most public phone boxes but seeing it in the pic brought back lovely memories of Joe who sadly is no longer with us, thanks again Joan.
            Last edited by paudge; 08-06-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by paudge View Post
              Thanks for all these great pics Joan. This pic brings back some memories. Do you see that phone box? Well when I was a kid meself and a friend [Joe] were messing about with the phone, not doing any damage, just trying to talk to somebody. Well a big garda came along, Joe did a runner. I was terrified, thought I was going to get arrested but he turned out to be a very nice garda. Gave me a little talk about how important telephone boxes were and we should never mess with them. I assuared him I never would mess with the telephone again. ''Good man'' he said and patted me on the head. That box is long gone now, like most public phone boxes but seeing it in the pic brought back lovely memories of Joe who sadly is no longer with us, thanks again Joan.
              paudge..There used to be an office equipment shop on the corner of Nth King St......I wonder if you remember it and the name of it ..please...
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Singer used to sing in Smithfield
                Attached Files

Comment

• Haven't heard from Paudge in awhile.....hope he hasn't got sunstroke
                  The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• lol! probably trapped in the Dunes

Comment

• Come out come out where ever you are Paudge
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X