5000 year old human remains found in Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5000 year old human remains found in Ireland

Did you see that in 2016 a hill walker found a peculiar ritual site where people had their skulls smashed after death. Check it out if you're interested.

Curious story alright...
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

American Indians were accused of mutilating the bodies of their dead enemies.....They did so in belief that their dead enemies souls would then be able to escape....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

The Zulus eviscerated every redcoat after the British defeat at Isandlwana, not, as the British supposed, as an act of savagery, but to fulfil the Zulus’ belief that they thus released his spirit.
        I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
        Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
          The Zulus eviscerated every redcoat after the British defeat at Isandlwana, not, as the British supposed, as an act of savagery, but to fulfil the Zulus’ belief that they thus released his spirit.
          And ISIS with their jihadists buddies behead every captive they get their hands on... then lace it with a bit of religious mumbo jumbo before sticking it up on social media.

Primitive savagery is every bit as susceptible to a cloak of respectability as are the rest of us...

In relation to the OP, it would be interesting to see more evidence that these were deliberate acts of mutilation at the time of burial 5,000 years ago - and not down to nature, weather or carnivorous animals etc.
          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
            And ISIS with their jihadists buddies behead every captive they get their hands on... then lace it with a bit of religious mumbo jumbo before sticking it up on social media.

Primitive savagery is every bit as susceptible to a cloak of respectability as are the rest of us...

In relation to the OP, it would be interesting to see more evidence that these were deliberate acts of mutilation at the time of burial 5,000 years ago - and not down to nature, weather or carnivorous animals etc.
            Beheading is sometimes used in Saudi Arabia. It remains a legal method of execution in Qatar and Yemen, and was in modern times used in Iran according to Amnesty International, although it is no longer used there as a method of execution.

As regards ‘more evidance’ I suppose for now we have to rely on the findings of the archaeologists.

Comment

HI all, I believe they knew the remains was a woman straight away, the jaws were still moving , it,s the way i tell them.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
                HI all, I believe they knew the remains was a woman straight away, the jaws were still moving , it,s the way i tell them.
                Just keep the jaws moving Liam!

Comment

Working...
                X