surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
    I had the big toe on my left foot amputated yesterday Jan 10 due to a diabetic issue that, despite all their good efforts for 6 months,they couldn't get it to heal.I actually sat up and watched the surgeon do his work. The toe was completely numb,and it was as if he was working on something detached from me.A totally surreal experience .I never felt a thing.The surgeon turned and saw me looking,and asked if I was ok. I said yes,and he laughed and said it was a first for him to see someone watch what he was doing to them.I had to stop myself from asking for the toe to put in a bottle of liquor. lol It only took 25 minuted to do it. I wonder if any out there ever went through a similar experience?
    Who ever invented anaesthetic , God bless them . Had a marble size cyst removed from between my eyebrows , just said to the doc be sure and put enough anaesthetic in .....not a thing did I feel , took about 20mins .
    Hope all's well with ya now Ed .

Comment

I had the big toe on my left foot amputated yesterday Jan 10 due to a diabetic issue that, despite all their good efforts for 6 months,they couldn't get it to heal.I actually sat up and watched the surgeon do his work. The toe was completely numb,and it was as if he was working on something detached from me.A totally surreal experience .I never felt a thing.The surgeon turned and saw me looking,and asked if I was ok. I said yes,and he laughed and said it was a first for him to see someone watch what he was doing to them.I had to stop myself from asking for the toe to put in a bottle of liquor. lol It only took 25 minuted to do it. I wonder if any out there ever went through a similar experience?
      Not that I can remember Ed...
      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
        Many years ago I watched my Vasectomy being done, never felt a thing,
        Tommy; Did they call you numb nuts after that.I had it done after my daughter was born, ( two kids was enough for me) and The DR. said to keep an ice pack to keep the swelling down. We didn't have enough ice so Marie went over to my brother's who lived next door in our semi detached house.His wife didn't have any so she taught she would be funny and gave my wife a big pack of frozen sausages.I broke them open,and used them around my nuts till they were gone soft and sent them back to her on a big plate with a note thanking her,and hoping they would be flavour enhanced.I don't think she say the funny side of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
          I used to drink with Robby Keans uncle and he had his big toe on his hand, he lost his thumb and the doctors said it would be more beneficial to him to have the toe removed and put on his hand.He would lift his hand and say to you
          I’ll give you a toe in the arse
          Yeah! they can do amazing things now.

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
            We don’t want any more kids when we are 90
            Tommie; Can it still rise to the occasion? lol

Comment

best for me was having an angioplasty being done [one of many] , lying on the table and seeing your heart beating away on t.v monitors with a piece of 'wire' being threaded through your main artery . [one time I as having it done and in the middle of the procedure the t.v monitors shut down],[ must have been a slot t.v], it was cancelled and I was shifted to another operating room. modern surgery is amazing.
              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                Ed, can you count to nineteen now...?
                Joe; I can, but I have to use a calculator.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                  best for me was having an angioplasty being done [one of many] , lying on the table and seeing your heart beating away on t.v monitors with a piece of 'wire' being threaded through your main artery . [one time I as having it done and in the middle of the procedure the t.v monitors shut down],[ must have been a slot t.v], it was cancelled and I was shifted to another operating room. modern surgery is amazing.
                  cosmo; I had the angioplasty done 22 years ago in Florida,and I watched the whole procedure on the monitor.The only part that hurt a bit was when he said you will a sharp sting when they inflated the 3 stents.We would be brown bread only for them. It cost $22,700 for that procedure,but the insurance paid for it,and I'm worth it.lol
                  Last edited by Ed O'Gorman; 12-01-2018, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                    does the lack of the big toe have an affect on your balance? or do you get an insert for your shoe? Is there a lot of pain after the numbness wears off I can not even imagine watching someone cut off my big toe
                    Bigs; I don't know yet as it is heavily bandaged,but the Doc said it will not make much difference and I will adjust to it in a short time.I had what is called peripheral nueropathy,which is nerve pain,and it stung like an electric shock in pulses yesterday.Today it has settled down pretty good,and should subside as it heals in about 4 weeks. Bigs it would be a different thing if it was my pecker.lol

Comment

cosmo; I had the angioplasty done 22 years ago in Florida,and I watched the whole procedure on the monitor.The only part that hurt a bit was when he said you will a sharp sting when they inflated the 3 stents.We would be brown bread only for them. It cost $22,700 for that procedure,but the insurance paid for it,and I'm worth it.lol
                      I started around the same time ed, 1996, my procedure was on medicare [the public system, its very good here], I`ll have to go in sometime in the future I`d say as one artery is blocked completely [long time now] and its too risky to try to clear it and the other side has three stents but so far so good......it was all that fry bread and drippin we were raised on!!
                      in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                        I used to drink with Robby Keans uncle and he had his big toe on his hand, he lost his thumb and the doctors said it would be more beneficial to him to have the toe removed and put on his hand.He would lift his hand and say to you
                        I’ll give you a toe in the arse
                        Was that Noel Byrne ?

Comment

Tommy; Did they call you numb nuts after that.I had it done after my daughter was born, ( two kids was enough for me) and The DR. said to keep an ice pack to keep the swelling down. We didn't have enough ice so Marie went over to my brother's who lived next door in our semi detached house.His wife didn't have any so she taught she would be funny and gave my wife a big pack of frozen sausages.I broke them open,and used them around my nuts till they were gone soft and sent them back to her on a big plate with a note thanking her,and hoping they would be flavour enhanced.I don't think she say the funny side of it.
                          Ed, I had a bag of frozen peas on me knackers, kept the pain away and the swelling. Depends what swelling yer talking about ??
                          I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

I go in for a CT scan on the ticker on Tuesday, and another prostrate check next month, all the blood samples I have given oil ha e Nun left
                            I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                              I started around the same time ed, 1996, my procedure was on medicare [the public system, its very good here], I`ll have to go in sometime in the future I`d say as one artery is blocked completely [long time now] and its too risky to try to clear it and the other side has three stents but so far so good......it was all that fry bread and drippin we were raised on!!
                              I hear ya cosmo.lol

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                                Was that Noel Byrne ?
                                No Bo his name was Nolan and I cant remember his first name,he was Robby’s mother’s brother,married to a girl from Windmill Ave

Comment

Working...
                                X