anyone here from walkinstown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here from walkinstown

I lost contact with all my mates when I left home in walkinstown drive in 1963 to come to England. I know of two of my mates have since died, I am aged 70 now and they would be of the same age, I would love to hear from anyone who thinks they might know me. I was known by my nickname, wacker dunne,

since 1962, aged 17 I got my full driving licence, the first one was in Dublin, before the tests came into force, in England I had to do a test, which I passed, first time, the year was1969, what I would like to ask, can anyone equal or better my record of keeping a clean licence, no parking tickets. no speeding tickets none what soever. , now because of my age now and my eye sight not as good as it should be, I have had to surrender my squeaky clean licence, top that, if you can. regards dunwack.

Comment

Me.......I only had a couple of accidents in the car over the years..but none of them were my fault...

and i only got a couple of parking tickets....im always careful parking but didnt they put up new signs.....and i didnt notice...again not my fault lol....

perfect record here hehehhe

Comment

and im giving no one my licence..they can feck off

Comment

Originally posted by dunwack View Post
          since 1962, aged 17 I got my full driving licence, the first one was in Dublin, before the tests came into force, in England I had to do a test, which I passed, first time, the year was1969, what I would like to ask, can anyone equal or better my record of keeping a clean licence, no parking tickets. no speeding tickets none what soever. , now because of my age now and my eye sight not as good as it should be, I have had to surrender my squeaky clean licence, top that, if you can. regards dunwack.
          Wacker...I live in Somerset.......just changed my licence......no probs....

Two speeding fines......one in the late 7O's for doing 55 on a dual carriageway......50 was the Van limit at that time......

Second in Cambridge ...they had changed the limit from 30 to 40 in my long absence......

Drove into London from Cambridge for years and the rest of the Country all my life....
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

can not top that
            we done dunwack

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
              Me.......I only had a couple of accidents in the car over the years..but none of them were my fault...

and i only got a couple of parking tickets....im always careful parking but didnt they put up new signs.....and i didnt notice...again not my fault lol....

perfect record here hehehhe

eh.....do I not remember you coming over a hill and smashing into a car causing eight other cars to crash into each other.....and all this happened while you were looking into the back of the car talking to your children ....lol
              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

yes...but that wasnt my fault dinny hehehe....my daughter pulled my hair and distracted me when i turned around to give her a smack..... hehehe...it was the kids fault lol..we cant count that.

Comment

I lost contact with all my mates when I left home in walkinstown drive in 1963 to come to England. I know of two of my mates have since died, I am aged 70 now and they would be of the same age, I would love to hear from anyone who thinks they might know me. I was known by my nickname, wacker dunne,
                  Did you know the Halls from the Drive number 97

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                    No, but if you hum it I will play it

Comment

walkinstown,

hi rasher, the halls, where they from cork, did the eldest lad have ginger hair. the name, rings a bell, but I cannot put a face to the name, because it has been so long. most of my mates lived on the parade, the green and the avenue, my only real mate on the drive was, alfie coulahan, to name some of my mates . they were, hogans, byrnes, Kavanagh and brian dunne, all from the green. and from the parade, was Farrell, mangan and mc,carthy. and from the avenue clark, masterson, fellows and my good friend joe freer who sadly died while I was in England., thank you rasher for your reply to my post, regards dunwack.

Comment

Hi dunwack, former harty ave resident in walkinstown here. I lived opposite the apollo cinema until my family moved in 1988. I was 14 when we moved but i swear i did the majority of my growing up in walkinstown & am proud of it. If you're on facebook look up the group page 'i grew up in walkinstown/greenhills & do join it as theres lots of info & memories flowing there. The group is only about two months old but it has really taken off beyond the expectations of the two women who started it. I was invited to the group by my friend on another Dublin forum & got my brother & cousins interested but my brother is on it too.

Our other forum member riposte is a walkinstowner like me & he mite just help u too.

If u need any help just ask me.
                        Last edited by Suzieq; 17-03-2015, 11:34 PM. Reason: Typos
                        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

hi rasher, the halls, where they from cork, did the eldest lad have ginger hair. the name, rings a bell, but I cannot put a face to the name, because it has been so long. most of my mates lived on the parade, the green and the avenue, my only real mate on the drive was, alfie coulahan, to name some of my mates . they were, hogans, byrnes, Kavanagh and brian dunne, all from the green. and from the parade, was Farrell, mangan and mc,carthy. and from the avenue clark, masterson, fellows and my good friend joe freer who sadly died while I was in England., thank you rasher for your reply to my post, regards dunwack.
                          I Knew a Bridget Coulahan from the Drive and the Mc Garrys from from the Avenue.The eldest of the Halls was red but not from Cork..they were Dubs

Comment

I Knew a Bridget Coulahan from the Drive and the Mc Garrys from from the Avenue.The eldest of the Halls was red but not from Cork..they were Dubs
                            hi rasher, yes the alfie coulahan I know, did have a younger sister named bridget, I believe she married and got a corpo house, im not sure weather it was tallagh or old bawn, I do know it was not far from the dodder river, and she lived close to my sisterinlaw, hilda satell who is married to paddy satell. on that information, would that be the same person you know, kind regards dunwack,

Comment

hi rasher, yes the alfie coulahan I know, did have a younger sister named bridget, I believe she married and got a corpo house, im not sure weather it was tallagh or old bawn, I do know it was not far from the dodder river, and she lived close to my sisterinlaw, hilda satell who is married to paddy satell. on that information, would that be the same person you know, kind regards dunwack,
                              I Used to drink with a Paddy Satell ,he had a big heart operation about 12 years ago I did not see him for years but I bumped into him last month and it turned out that his grandson had put a new kitchen into my sons house.I wonder is it the same bloke.He lives in Tallaght beside the Dodder.

Comment

Working...
                              X