This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The subject matter here is Irishmen who were awarded the VC by the British,

Please stick the thread and avoid this vitreolic discussion which is disrespectful to the said subject matter.

Comment

lord roberts and his son were awarded the victoria cross.
      in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

c.s,m bourne of rourks drift fame declined a v.c, for an officership, and ended up commanding the musketry school in dublin [thats the irish bit]

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
          lord roberts and his son were awarded the victoria cross.
          without "bobs".......there would be no kop end at liverpool football ground...
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

john moyney v.c 1917 , irish guards.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
              We all know this rubbish about paddys that fought for the british.........fathers,brothers, sons et all ...........when they should have being fighting for their own.
              " YOU WERE ALL THAT WE HAD ,YOUR MAMMY AND ME "

"YOU FOUGHT FOR THE WRONG COUNTRY , YOU FOUGHT THE WRONG CAUSE, WHEN THE GREATEST CAUSE OF ALL WAS AT ..........................HOME.
              tolka,this thread is not about Paddys who fought for the brits.....its about bravery.....Valour.....tolka.....Valour. You have got this entirely wrong.

Calling another Forum member a Traitor is extreme and you should withdraw that remark!! If I recall its not the first time you have made insulting remarks to fellow Forum Members. Try posting something pro-active instead of making a fool of yourself!!
              Last edited by jembo; 30-06-2012, 09:08 AM.
              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Great thread!

Comment

Most of those brave chaps were just kids really,I think it must have been very frightening for them,in a foreign country,under God only knows what conditions.We must give credit where it is due,no matter what country they came from ,or fought for,the were Soldiers doing their duty,and they deserve all the medals and accolades bestowed upon them!

Comment

Originally posted by jembo
                    Her Majesty pinning it on to the hero's breast...
                    ...died at Deepdene, Dorking, Surrey 30 December 1900 from perotinitis.
                    That was a bit clumsy of her...
                    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                      That was a bit clumsy of her...
                      well spotted,cogs!
                      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                        well spotted,cogs!
                        take no notice of cogs jembo.....he was locked in a shed at rorkes drift..........

Comment

the first ever award of the victoria cross was awarded to an irishman, charles david lucas in 1854, he serverd in the navy, during the crimea war, his ship was under bombardment and a shell landed on the deck, everyone was ordered to 'hit the deck' so to speak, but he stayed upright and ran to the shell and tossed it overboard, it went off with a huge explosion before it hit the water, no one was injured.

Comment

the two youngest v.c winners were 15 yrs old, both were irish,
                            andrew fitzgibbon and thomas flinn.

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                              tolka,this thread is not about Paddys who fought for the brits.....its about bravery.....Valour.....tolka.....Valour. You have got this entirely wrong.

Calling another Forum member a Traitor is extreme and you should withdraw that remark!! If I recall its not the first time you have made insulting remarks to fellow Forum Members. Try posting something pro-active instead of making a fool of yourself!!
                              For god,s sake think before you talk..........You and other members are trying to glorify people who fought for an agressor against our own people?..............Give your collective heads a shake and get with the program.
                              If you or anyone else of irish birth took up arms for britain then you or anyone else then allowed for more british troops to attack us..............End of story
                              So dont you or anyone else get on your high british horse and lecture me and people like me about "insulting " fellow members.

Shame on all of you who served in britains army as our people of occupied ireland and later the occupied countys of the north fought for their freedom while you helped the invader.
                              In closing i withdraw nothing..................You are what you are and i am what i am.

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
                                For god,s sake think before you talk..........You and other members are trying to glorify people who fought for an agressor against our own people?..............Give your collective heads a shake and get with the program.
                                If you or anyone else of irish birth took up arms for britain then you or anyone else then allowed for more british troops to attack us..............End of story
                                So dont you or anyone else get on your high british horse and lecture me and people like me about "insulting " fellow members.

Shame on all of you who served in britains army as our people of occupied ireland and later the occupied countys of the north fought for their freedom while you helped the invader.
                                In closing i withdraw nothing..................You are what you are and i am what i am.
                                i, aint found out what you are yet........explain.....

Comment

Working...
                                X