surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
    I had the big toe on my left foot amputated yesterday Jan 10 due to a diabetic issue that, despite all their good efforts for 6 months,they couldn't get it to heal.I actually sat up and watched the surgeon do his work. The toe was completely numb,and it was as if he was working on something detached from me.A totally surreal experience .I never felt a thing.The surgeon turned and saw me looking,and asked if I was ok. I said yes,and he laughed and said it was a first for him to see someone watch what he was doing to them.I had to stop myself from asking for the toe to put in a bottle of liquor. lol It only took 25 minuted to do it. I wonder if any out there ever went through a similar experience?
    I'm glad you doing well, Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
      I'm glad you doing well, Ed.
      Thanks Eileen; It's still pretty sensitive and tender.I have to have it dressed every two days for a couple of weeks.

Comment

You walking yet Ed ?
        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
          You walking yet Ed ?
          cogs; That has turned out to be bit of a problem.I have been walking since I had it done about 10 days ago.Today I was at the wound clinic to have it dressed,and this gorgeous young nurse.gave me s#it because the walking has burst about five stitches at the tip of the incision,and has been leaking,and I couldn't see it through the dressing.Anyhow I have strict orders to stay off of it.Now I have the wife on my ass.(not in a good way) I see the surgeon on Thursday,and I am just hoping it will be dried by then.I'll keep you posted.

Comment

cogs; That has turned out to be bit of a problem.I have been walking since I had it done about 10 days ago.Today I was at the wound clinic to have it dressed,and this gorgeous young nurse.gave me s#it because the walking has burst about five stitches at the tip of the incision,and has been leaking,and I couldn't see it through the dressing.Anyhow I have strict orders to stay off of it.Now I have the wife on my ass.(not in a good way) I see the surgeon on Thursday,and I am just hoping it will be dried by then.I'll keep you posted.
            I know how you feel Ed. When I was recovering (in hospital) after major surgery I was told to stay in bed. The physiotherapists came to discuss my recovery and being bigheaded I told them that I had no requirement for their services. Next day I was determined to get walking so I got out of bed and pushing my drip stand started to shuffle up the corridor. I managed to get to the end of the corridor only to find that I could not turn round. It was so embarrassing to have to call for help,but worst of all was the bollickings I got from all the staff,including the physio’s.
            I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
            Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

You need to toe the line Ed.

Just stoppit Cogs. Willya !!
              Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Hope all goes well for you Ed...

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                  The best of luck with it Ed, but clearly you need to take it a bit easy for awhile

Comment

My brother got a new hip years ago, they gave him very strict instructions as to what he could and could not do, he did so well with their instructions that he got the second one done within 6 months. Sometimes you just have to go with what the medical people say, I would find it very difficult!!

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                      You need to toe the line Ed.

Just stoppit Cogs. Willya !!
                      Love that one cogs.lol

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                        Thanks BF

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                          I know how you feel Ed. When I was recovering (in hospital) after major surgery I was told to stay in bed. The physiotherapists came to discuss my recovery and being bigheaded I told them that I had no requirement for their services. Next day I was determined to get walking so I got out of bed and pushing my drip stand started to shuffle up the corridor. I managed to get to the end of the corridor only to find that I could not turn round. It was so embarrassing to have to call for help,but worst of all was the bollickings I got from all the staff,including the physio’s.
                          Jembo; That's 'cause we think we know it all. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                            The best of luck with it Ed, but clearly you need to take it a bit easy for awhile
                            Vico; At my age, I'll take it however I can get it.lol I'm pretending to be using the walking stick just to keep the trouble and strife off my case,but I am trying to sit more than usual.
                            Last edited by Ed O'Gorman; 21-01-2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Vico; At my age, I'll take it however I can get it.lol I'm pretending to be using the walking stick just to keep the trouble and strife off my case,but I am trying to sit more than usual.
                              Ah forget age Ed, keep young in your head and you will be grand.

Comment

Been having pains in my chest since being up north
                                After many tests and $$$$$&&&&&’s I have to go to Brisbane for, I hope only a Stent, worst case open Heart Surgery
                                Main Artery is 75% blocked, cant blame the Guinness

So may only be on a few times
                                I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Working...
                                X