X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cogito View Post
    My punishment started in 1952 and ended in 1961 when I started work at 13

Comment

• toss up, stephens green, parnell sq, or central park n.y.. [knowing my luck]

stephens green, big freeze.

inchicore works,

rathfarnham,

pearse st /college grn.
      Attached Files
      in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
        forkins wallpapers.
        Another Hugh Forkin's shop in Capel Street.....
        Attached Files
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

toss up, stephens green, parnell sq, or central park n.y.. [knowing my luck]

inchicore works,

rathfarnham,

pearse st /college grn.
          Cosmo .....looks more like Russia than Ireland .......never saw this ......global warming ......or should I say global warning !

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
            My punishment started in 1952 and ended in 1961 when I started work at 13
            Nice to know you survived intact rasher......

I was too good for Corporal Punishment.......I got the Spitting Sergeant.....

I got extra drill every weekday evening for thirteen weeks for allegedly smiling on Parade.....I was known as the ''Little fuc**ng Inniskilling in the front rank''.....
            I am always meeting people with no sense of humour......
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
              Nice to know you survived intact rasher......

I was too good for Corporal Punishment.......I got the Spitting Sergeant.....

I got extra drill every weekday evening for thirteen weeks for allegedly smiling on Parade.....I was known as the ''Little fuc**ng Inniskilling in the front rank''.....
              I am always meeting people with no sense of humour......
              No smoke without fire....

Comment

• strap

Originally posted by Nick Rossiter View Post
                That CP doc makes me laugh ....no It's cry I meant.....I remember drumsticks and this nasty piece.....I believe there were nastier tools of the trade before my time ....I heard about a cat'o' nine tails
                They used these in artane ,and to improve the pain and hurt they had them cut in half and added weights to them ,either lead or coins , When the hit you on you hand it could knock you arse over elbow .and if it was you hand they only hit you were lucky

Comment

toss up, stephens green, parnell sq, or central park n.y.. [knowing my luck]

inchicore works,

rathfarnham,

pearse st /college grn.
                  Cosmo
                  The frozen fountain is ouside the Mansion House Dublin
                  The figure on the horse is facing out to Dawson Street
                  It is of King George 1....this statue had been at Essex/Grattan/Capel Street bridge but had been removed during rebuilding
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                    No smoke without fire....
                    Just a happy Inniskilling amongst a Battalion of Irish Fusiliers.....They just couldn't function without my smile......

''Geographical Joe'' was very important......
                    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by john doran View Post
                      Cosmo
                      The frozen fountain is ouside the Mansion House Dublin
                      The figure on the horse is facing out to Dawson Street
                      It is of King George 1....this statue had been at Essex/Grattan/Capel Street bridge but had been removed during rebuilding
                      Thanks be te jayziz ye found that out JD... it was driving me round the twist....Found a second pic with a building in the background but couldn't place that either....anyway well done that man.

Now I read the George l Statue was, after some wrangling, agreed by the General Purpose Committee of the Corporation of Dublin to dispose of it in September 1937.

It was bought by Thomas Bodkin, first director of the Barber Institute, and a former director of the National Gallery of Ireland who had been negotiating with Alfie Byrne the Mayor of Dublin for £500, and installed at The Barber Institute, University of Birmingham...where it stands to this day.

The pix are from the Lawrence Collection NLI.

Slightly different view out back today.
                      Same view of buildings in Dawson Street.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• larrnin hardy at the royal marine hotel..yiv got me into a fine mess ye boyo!!

early ballyfermot,....church would be built top left of photo ,where the three roads meet, the farm house that was there was turned into the priests house [still there].
                        Attached Files
                        in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Me fave pub in Dublin.... of all time......well since I was ould nuff te drink.
                          Attached Files

Comment

larrnin hardy at the royal marine hotel..yiv got me into a fine mess ye boyo!!

early ballyfermot,....church would be built top left of photo ,where the three roads meet, the farm house that was there was turned into the priests house [still there].
                            Yeah, the fat guy was from Leeds, West Yorkshire, and uncle of my M-I-L...another fine mess...never could work out who was who...somebody might correct me?/...seems they had mobiles in them days...in damnation's fave pub...
                            Last edited by milo; 27-01-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by milo View Post
                              Yeah, the fat guy was from Leeds, West Yorkshire, and uncle of my M-I-L...another fine mess...never could work out who was who...somebody might correct me?/...seems they had mobiles in them days...in damnation's fave pub...
                              LOL.... yeah two feckers on mobiles....One gettin the racing tips....and the other one's Mrs is tellin him eze dinner's ready....

Comment

• Cornmarket 1978.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X