Home Recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cogito View Post
    My latest gizmo... took delivery of it during the week.
    Hey nice birra kit there Coggles...What's the verdict ? Might get one

Get it here: http://www.fullcompass.com/product/365346.htmlFull Compass is a major national retailer of Pro Audio, Video, AV, Lighting and Musical Instrument...
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmRH-0gF6LA
      Got onna these little devils some time back...does what it has to do for £15....but nothing like that H4next pro you've got there. https://www.amazon.co.uk/HccToo-Mult.../dp/B015H9JP6S

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmRH-0gF6LA
        Shoved batteries in it this morning and then started to RTFM. (read the effin' manual).

By all accounts they're the dog's b****x. Will keep ye posted.
        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Shoved batteries in it this morning and then started to RTFM. (read the effin' manual).

By all accounts they're the dog's b****x. Will keep ye posted.
          lol... need a degree te read that stuff....oim still tryin te work out the wind up gramophone ffs.

Comment

lol... need a degree te read that stuff....oim still tryin te work out the wind up gramophone ffs.
            Have worked out the basics and recorded some live stuff... but I haven't really engaged with it yet. Tons of potential in the Zoom... beats using the voice recorder on your phone.

Comment

wtf is this cogs

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                wtf is this cogs
                THIS !!

You been on the ganja ??

Comment

oh ok lol....
                  re ganja ..nope...its a complete waste of time for me...i keep trying it hoping to get a high...but no bloomin way

Comment

Any musos out there messed about with overdubs on home recording ?

I invested in a USB Snowball mic last year and downloaded Audacity on the laptop... I'm having repeated problems with latency, which is an inbuilt delay when recording over a previously recorded track - it's very difficult to compensate for - fifty milliseconds doesn't sound much but on playback it can be enough to throw the timing completely out and is noticeable to the ear.

I abandoned Audacity last year but was hoping to make another attempt this winter if I can find a workaround.

I had an old analogue four track recorder years ago and never encountered these type of issues...
                    Audacity and the Snowball dusted off and taken out of retirement in the last week or two. The trad buddies send me a flute/concertina/fiddle recording of a reel, jig or whatever - I overdub with bouzouki, guitar or both.. and send them back a masterpiece. Eazeee peazeee....

I could be the new Sean Ó Ríada.
                    Last edited by cogito; 13-04-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Audacity and the Snowball dusted off and taken out of retirement in the last week or two. The trad buddies send me a flute/concertina/fiddle recording of a reel, jig or whatever - I overdub with bouzouki, guitar or both.. and send them back a masterpiece. Eazeee peazeee....

I could be the new Sean Ó Ríada.
                      Have you opened a YouTube channel yet?

Comment

Not yet.... been trying to get my head around the video editing stuff - split screens etc.

Comment

Audacity can mix and handle audio from a video file or files - syncing that with multiple videos so they're all in time could be tricky.

I've seen it done on YouTube - but they were made in pre-Covid days when people weren't isolated from each other.
                          Last edited by cogito; 13-04-2020, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Audacity can mix and handle audio from a video file or files - syncing that with multiple videos so they're all in time could be tricky.

I've seen it done on YouTube - but they were made in pre-Covida days when people weren't isolated from each other.
                            Some of the orchestra vids that have surfaced on youtube start with syncing one or two vids then it goes to a tape track for the rest while they do a milli vanilla so not so easy even for professional musicians to manage.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                              Some of the orchestra vids that have surfaced on youtube start with syncing one or two vids then it goes to a tape track for the rest while they do a milli vanilla so not so easy even for professional musicians to manage.
                              Yes... turns out a lot of them are made by the artists miming to a master tape - so it just means having to sync the videos without worrying about the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                                Have you opened a YouTube channel yet?
                                I might do. Discussion with one of my daughters this morning - she came in to wake me up...

Daughter; You know that video you made yesterday ?

Me;Yeah... wharrabout it ?

D. I put it on Reddit last night.

Me. Huh ?? What the fuck is Reddit ?

D. Sorry. It's a cooler version of Facebook. Eh... you've gone viral.

Me. WTF ??!!

Comment

Working...
                                X