This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
    hangsman invoice. hangman albert pierpoints invoice for a double execution in mountjoy. note his assistant [his son] travelled 3rd class, while he travelled 1st class.

dolphins barn.
    Cosmo were the people executes from Dolphins Barn or do you just happen to put that picture up at the same time as the invoice

Comment

• [QUOTE=john doran;552369]Rasher
      A great article on the band here
      Earlier this year I gave a talk on the Fintan Lalor Pipe Band for a conference entitled Music in Ireland: 1916 and Beyond. The FLPB would come to be seen as the ‘band of the Irish Citizen Arm…

When link opens
      Scroll down the page a bit to the photo of Fintan for full story[/QUOT
      There were Lawlors that lived in Mount Drummond Place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        Cosmo were the people executes from Dolphins Barn or do you just happen to put that picture up at the same time as the invoice
        no vico, its just the way they came out.
        in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

no vico, its just the way they came out.
          ok thanks

Comment

• kevin st .....flats.

dame st head mounts.

milltown village.

view from north king st to smithfield.

harcourt st stn 1930s, irish indipendant ??
            Attached Files

Comment

• Grafton Street
              Attached Files

Comment

• alex findlater o`connell st.

grafton st.

thoughts.

rutland st kids not an iphone or x box in sight.

railway st early `40s.
                Attached Files

Comment

• great photos Cosmo
                  Railway street was looking a bit wrecked by then---------

here is the side of Alex Findlaters building in Findlaters Place it was one busy shop
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by john doran View Post
                    great photos Cosmo
                    Railway street was looking a bit wrecked by then---------

here is the side of Alex Findlaters building in Findlaters Place it was one busy shop
                    I remember Findlaters in O'Connell Street and Wicklow Street. My mother used to buy red cheddar there for my father, his fav.

What is occupying the place where they were in O'Connell Street now. Anybody know

Comment

• rutland kids

grafton st.

meath st.

croker.

o`conn garda.
                      Attached Files

Comment

kevin st .....flats.

dame st head mounts.

milltown village.

view from north king st to smithfield.

harcourt st stn 1930s, irish indipendant ??

Cosmo I am just looking again at the picture of Milltown Village. That is not Milltown, that is the main road going from Milltown bridge up to Dundrum village. The turning of the left side goes down to the cottages in Farrenboley. The shop on the corner on the right used to be a little boutique in the eighties then it was sold. Up the little laneway beside the shop was a small motor repair place. If you look to the back of the picture into the distance, on the left side there was a pub called Ryans and the Mental Hospital on the right, although that is too far away to see.

Comment

• thanks for the update vico, you`v got very good knowledge of the area.

Comment

thanks for the update vico, you`v got very good knowledge of the area.
                            That I have Cosmo I used to live in Goatstown, which is very closeby. I had a friend living in Milltown so I used to walk down that way to visit

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                              Cosmo I am just looking again at the picture of Milltown Village. That is not Milltown, that is the main road going from Milltown bridge up to Dundrum village. The turning of the left side goes down to the cottages in Farrenboley. The shop on the corner on the right used to be a little boutique in the eighties then it was sold. Up the little laneway beside the shop was a small motor repair place. If you look to the back of the picture into the distance, on the left side there was a pub called Ryans and the Mental Hospital on the right, although that is too far away to see.
                              Vico , if that picture was taken from Milltown direction towards Dundrum , then Ryan’s pub should be on the right.The turn for Farrenboley should be on the right too.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                                Vico , if that picture was taken from Milltown direction towards Dundrum , then Ryan’s pub should be on the right.The turn for Farrenboley should be on the right too.
                                That is correct Cosmo, but it was taken from Dundrum direction towards Milltown, so Farrenboley is on the left, likewise Ryans pub

Comment

Working...
                                X