Sandymount....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Star boy View Post
    Morning all, yes the big house is Dublin Castle, I remember playing in the grounds many years ago.
    As for the Tower, it's had a good clean up in the last few months..could we not bring it back to the good old 1950s when it was my club also the club for all the young folk of the area and it was run By Mr.& Mrs Gribbins but most of all it had a Juke box and we ran dances in it,our band was the Juke box and it was always full with the youth of Sandymount all for the price of a coffee and a few pence for the box...our Drug. ...was 2 Cigs and a match whooooo. What a good night
    One night one of the lads had a packet of 20 players...he was everyone's pal for the night.....ahaaaa the good old days lets bring them back....even for I night...
    Or was it called Sandymount Castle ?. Here; Sandymount Green.
    Attached Files
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Sandymount castle

Yep it sure was Damntheweather...this getting out of the bed on the other side is no doing me any good..because the wall is in the way,,,, Yes indeed Dublin Castle is a bit bigger than that one. If anyone has photos of the schools in the 40s 50s also as I do have a few of the packed strand but still looking for any photos that people may have or any old photos of Sandymount or old cine film Of the strand which I will transfer to DVD free and return....As I now have a bit more time on my hands I want to up grade a film we done about 5/6 years ago and add a bit more on to it. Thanks again for the help. SB

Comment

Yep it sure was Damntheweather...this getting out of the bed on the other side is no doing me any good..because the wall is in the way,,,, Yes indeed Dublin Castle is a bit bigger than that one. If anyone has photos of the schools in the 40s 50s also as I do have a few of the packed strand but still looking for any photos that people may have or any old photos of Sandymount or old cine film Of the strand which I will transfer to DVD free and return....As I now have a bit more time on my hands I want to up grade a film we done about 5/6 years ago and add a bit more on to it. Thanks again for the help. SB
        A slip of the pen SB. The Tower, strand and old open air baths.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sandymount

Very good photo I have this one...we always said that the lady in the pic was my mother as she loved to walk along the the strand road to get away all of us after a hard day in the kitchen god love her....I do know that the horse riders were from the ridding school which was up near the merrion gates....it's nowadays very large office block....i

Comment

Very good photo I have this one...we always said that the lady in the pic was my mother as she loved to walk along the the strand road to get away all of us after a hard day in the kitchen god love her....I do know that the horse riders were from the ridding school which was up near the merrion gates....it's nowadays very large office block....i
            Yes, a great pic alright and thanks for the info. Another view.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                Yes, a great pic alright and thanks for the info. Another view.
                People named Bradshaw lived in the house just out of view on the left in the 60s/70s

Comment

The Tower

Again a very nice pic, have not seen this one before...It must be around 1956 as the tower has the sign on it ( Tower Cafe ) also a black board outside which one of my best pals done for Mr Gibbins his name was Tony Keagan he lived just across the road from the tower, he passed away only last year he was a fantastic artist as a young boy I still remember what it said...'come on in for a warming drink,....
                  A little sup will warm you up and make yours a pleasant evening...I think it was a glass of wine or port which was sold in the tower that they wanted you to sup
                  Thank you for such nice memories.

Comment

The tower

Morning Womblemum..can,t say I remember the Bradshaw family..but then again I left Ireland in1959 and came back 1971 so I know I missed a lot in that time.
                    I still drive my Wife nuts with telling her who lived in all the houses as we walk the Strand and also what we did as kids on the strand and what a fantastic time we had overall.
                    I will be over in the Transport Museum in Howth today...next week they have an open day. Come on over if you can it could be fun...SB

Comment

Ahh Clearmont !, bring your own records and they might just get a play!!! I had a very early release of " a little help from my friends " Joe Cocker !!! Dj hadn't been able to get a copy BUT I had one !!! He nearly wore it out that night !!! Ahhh great days !! The old wooden building and the long narrow lane way !! Ahh yes the knee tremblers!!

Comment

Hi Spudseamus, see you are in Ausse...must say had a ball last year in the land of the sunshine...what part are you in.......S

Comment

Sandymount

Love Sandymount too...we are from Kimmage and often got the 18 bus to Sandymount.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                            Noel do you know when this photo of the Lady and the boy was taken ? It is number 21 on this page.
                            Last edited by mickjoe; 25-11-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I was born in the back bedroom of a house in Seafort Villas 1956............just sayin............Quackser

Comment

Originally posted by quackser View Post
                                I was born in the back bedroom of a house in Seafort Villas 1956............just sayin............Quackser
                                What number ?

Comment

Working...
                                X