• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cogito View Post
    Avo 8. Great piece of kit... I still have one somewhere

[ATTACH]41105[/ATTACH]

http://www.vintageradio.me.uk/workshop/testeq.htm
    i agree, even the weight made you feel important....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

my daughter works for a company (and i am a shareholder) called intergence.....

i have no doubt that my grandson will end up being part of that company and he does seem to be very interested in computor programming etc....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=cogito;208409]Kevin Street hadn't got it's act together at that stage... I ended up going there at nights in later years... didn't care for it as much as Atlantic... feckers gave out if you smoked during lectures.... [/QUOTE

Smoking in a class ? are you kidding me.

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post

Smoking in a class ? are you kidding me.
          Not a word of a lie... folks were more progressive back then...
          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

did she get the message cogs....or was it more bunting tossing .
            Attached Files
            Last edited by cosmo; 11-11-2012, 11:47 AM.
            in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

He's definitely an Operator...

Comment

yes, quite dashing .. ..doh!
                in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Former graduate of the Atlantic College dies

William J. McCormack ex Chief of Police of Metro Toronto Police

Comment

Originally posted by napper tandy View Post
                    former graduate of the atlantic college dies

william j. Mccormack ex chief of police of metro toronto police
                    ._. .. ._ _.

Comment

Atlantic College Leeson Park

I'm as sure as I can be that Atlantic College closed down in the late 1980s/early '90s, I passed it fairly regularly around that time when home on holidays from the UK. By then it looked rather deserted. Peter 'Fitz' Fitzgerald passed away in the summer of 1999, he was living in Sligo at that time as I understand it. I was there myself from 1982-4.

Comment

Originally posted by vinylbuff View Post
                        I'm as sure as I can be that Atlantic College closed down in the late 1980s/early '90s, I passed it fairly regularly around that time when home on holidays from the UK. By then it looked rather deserted. Peter 'Fitz' Fitzgerald passed away in the summer of 1999, he was living in Sligo at that time as I understand it. I was there myself from 1982-4.
                        Did my morse code and Radio Officer thing there around 1976-77... and the Radar Cert was done at night-time in Kevin's St - never got to sea though.

I pass the building on Leeson Park fairly regularly - given the location I'm sure it's not lying idle - the street is full of embassies.

Comment

Hi, was googling and came across this forum… I was there from 89-92. We went in one morning and found Fitzy having a stoke, he got taken off to hospital, Paddy tried to run the place but Fitzy’s brother came in and told us it was closing down summer 92 when we finished our exams. Fitzy moved into a nursing home up the road and eventually married his 26 year old carer to stop his brother getting his hands on the property. We visited him a few times in 92 and he was recovering well and still very sharp. We all went off in different directions after that. Remember lifting one of the big transmitters onto the roof of Paddy’s car and bringing it to his house before the college closed. Good memories, met a lot of interesting people coming back to reval their tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                            Yeah... fond memories... ._ ._ ._

Fitzy was fairly old when I was there... I never made it to sea either - did the City and Guilds and went to work with Pye.
                            Cogs when did you work for Pye, my friends dad John Sheridan worked there late 50/60's. He used to get us load of records before they were released.

Comment

Working...
                            X