Family Tree Help Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    hi well i have not been able to get anything after 1900 since they changed it over 6 months ago ,so what am i doing wrong .do i have to start over again ?
    Don't know what the problem is Oscar I put in Ireland And years 1900 -1958 got results
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Comment

this was made available today

Buried in Fingal: a new database for North Co Dublin
      Fingal County Council has released a new interactive guide called Buried in Fingal.

The free database includes searchable details of more than 65,000 people interred between 1905 and 2005 in 33 of the burial grounds in the council's care in North County Dublin. The site is searchable by name and graveyard. Search returns provide date of interment, area of last residence, and precise grave plot identifiers plus, in most cases, a link to a clear image of the register entry. The oldest burial record dates to 1877 and the most recent to 2013.

Additionally, the online guide includes an overview of the history, notable burials and epitaphs of each graveyard, location maps, photographs and, where they exist, historical plot maps and drawings.

Interment registers per specific graveyard can also be downloaded in pdf format.

Brief location details are provided of some 22 private cemeteries in Fingal.

The Council's Burial Grounds team and Local Studies & Archives service have worked together to create the new guide. The project began as a conservation exercise to digitise the hand-drawn maps and sketches of the graveyards, many of which were in poor condition. It then expanded to include the digitisation of all the burial registers as back up copies. From there, the scans were indexed, and an online database and website created.

It has taken several years to bring the evolving project to fruition, and it's been worth the wait. The resulting guide is of a high standard, well-designed and full of information – a blueprint for other councils or church parishes to follow, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by bettyl View Post
        Buried in Fingal: a new database for North Co Dublin
        Fingal County Council has released a new interactive guide called Buried in Fingal.

The free database includes searchable details of more than 65,000 people interred between 1905 and 2005 in 33 of the burial grounds in the council's care in North County Dublin. The site is searchable by name and graveyard. Search returns provide date of interment, area of last residence, and precise grave plot identifiers plus, in most cases, a link to a clear image of the register entry. The oldest burial record dates to 1877 and the most recent to 2013.

Additionally, the online guide includes an overview of the history, notable burials and epitaphs of each graveyard, location maps, photographs and, where they exist, historical plot maps and drawings.

Interment registers per specific graveyard can also be downloaded in pdf format.

Brief location details are provided of some 22 private cemeteries in Fingal.

The Council's Burial Grounds team and Local Studies & Archives service have worked together to create the new guide. The project began as a conservation exercise to digitise the hand-drawn maps and sketches of the graveyards, many of which were in poor condition. It then expanded to include the digitisation of all the burial registers as back up copies. From there, the scans were indexed, and an online database and website created.

It has taken several years to bring the evolving project to fruition, and it's been worth the wait. The resulting guide is of a high standard, well-designed and full of information – a blueprint for other councils or church parishes to follow, I hope.
        Do not think it will be relevant to my family tree research but its a pleasure to read about this terrific inititive

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Monks View Post
          Do not think it will be relevant to my family tree research but its a pleasure to read about this terrific inititive
          Pat does your surname come from Rush/Lusk?

Comment

Napper, are you on the IGP facebook page, (IGP's County Dublin Ireland Genealogy Group) there are extremely knowledgeable & helpful posters on there who might be able to help you.
            Last edited by Guest; 17-05-2017, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Napper are you on facebook? if yes, join the IGP facebook page, (IGP's County Dublin Ireland Genealogy Group) they have extremely knowledgeable & helpful posters on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                Pat does your surname come from Rush/Lusk?
                Very much a North County Dublin Napper but also very much an inner Dublin city name. My gang were very much Cork Street area with grandfather and 9 siblings all born there 1857 to 1876 and I suspect there is previous generation or two also. Such a pity the lack of records pre 1864 do not allow for more research in origin of names as Monks would not be a common name and so would have been easier to trace.

Like your name, only reading about Napper Tandy and Cornmarket/High Street connection. Have promised myself to put together a list of spots in the Liberties to visit in next few as my own personal tour guide

Comment

Originally posted by bettyl View Post
                  Napper, are you on the IGP facebook page, (IGP's County Dublin Ireland Genealogy Group) there are extremely knowledgeable & helpful posters on there who might be able to help you.
                  Member of that group for a while now and find it very good bettyl

Comment

Anyone know if British soldiers in WW1 could claim pensions for their service ?

Comment

Anyone know if British soldiers in WW1 could claim pensions for their service ?
                      My Grandfather did anyway Pat
                      granda army .jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Nugent Newman View Post
                        Hi, My dad worked for the civil service, he was the person who delivered the cheques to people who were out of work sick so I imagined he went to the office, picked up the cheques and then went off and delivered them and this is the question I want to ask, would anyone know where the offices were at that time in Dublin, this is back in the 50's.
                        I remember he took us to a christmas party which was held on the top floor of Bus Arus that was 1955 as he died in '56, still got the photo.....he died 55years ago today.

Still miss him.
                        My great spinster Aunt, Margaret Morris, I was led to believe was high up in the civil Service, My Brother and I were invited to a Childrens Christmas Party in the early 50s, I seem to remember it was in the area of Harrington St/ Camden st I remember the presents were quite lavish.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pat Monks;439927]Very much a North County Dublin Napper but also very much an inner Dublin city name. My gang were very much Cork Street area with grandfather and 9 siblings all born there 1857 to 1876 and I suspect there is previous generation or two also. Such a pity the lack of records pre 1864 do not allow for more research in origin of names as Monks would not be a common name and so would have been easier to trace.

Like your name, only reading about Napper Tandy and Cornmarket/High Street connection. Have promised myself to put together a list of spots in the Liberties to visit in next few as my own personal tour guide[/QUO

Early Origins of the Monks family

The surname Monks was first found in Devon where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor of Potheridge and descended from a Norman noble, Le Moyne, who attended Duke William at the Battle of Hastings in 1066. Conjecturally they are descended from the holder of the lands of Potheridge at the time of the taking of the Domesday Book in 1086, Aubrey from Baldwin the Sheriff of Devon, who held a mare and three clusters of horses at Great and Little Potheridge and Potheridge Gate. William Le Moyne's principal seat was at Dunster Castle. From this distinguished family name are descended the ancient and ardent royalist house of the Dukes of Alberma

Comment

grave

do u look up find my past ?

Comment

grave

whats ur gandpas name?...what year he pass away? any idea?

Comment

dsw

i think was called...aras mhic dhiarmada??/ the bus aras one!

Comment

Working...
                                X