No announcement yet.

Home Improvements/ DIY Advice/Gardening Tips/ Cleaning/Cooking Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too funny mai hehhe...they also make the worst patients....oh my god my ears are ringing willies been sick all week....jasus HELP LOL

Comment

I have some Home Improvements/ DIY Advice/Gardening Tips/ Cleaning/Cooking Tips. Don't involve me husband! You've never heard such language when trying to do the simplest project! My kids beg me to hurry to get it done while he's out of the house. (whatever the project may be) It's not that he's not handy - to a degree. He's an excellent cook as well - but he just can't do a project around the house without causing us all stress. Secretly I think he does it on purpose so I won't ask him to do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
        I have some Home Improvements/ DIY Advice/Gardening Tips/ Cleaning/Cooking Tips. Don't involve me husband! You've never heard such language when trying to do the simplest project! My kids beg me to hurry to get it done while he's out of the house. (whatever the project may be) It's not that he's not handy - to a degree. He's an excellent cook as well - but he just can't do a project around the house without causing us all stress. Secretly I think he does it on purpose so I won't ask him to do things.
        Eileen, you have him sussed, us men make a horlicks of diy so we wont be asked again..........In my case I did everything to perfection when we moved house and have had a lifetime to regret it. Painter/Plumber/Carpenter/Wallpaper stickerupper/Landscaper/Electrician/Mechanic............Who says men cant multi task..!!!
        Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

LOL I knew it!! He's a sneaky one!

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
            LOL I knew it!! He's a sneaky one!
            Have you tried the carrot and stick..??
            Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Anyone that knows anything about me will probably know already that I hate housework, and my son hates it just as much as me. I grit my teeth every weekend and get on with it.

So the reason for this post is that my vacuum cleaner stopped working last weekend, I have changed the fuse and am about to try a new plug, I have also borrowed my son's one for the day.

Both vacuums are Nilfisk, mine is a small light weight one that does a very good job, his one is larger and more powerful but is also heavier so not great for me. I am inclined to just buy another Nilfisk but some people have suggested to get a Dyson.

I would like to ask for suggestions for a powerful lightweight vacuum cleaner. Cost is also a factor I need to consider.
              TIA

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                Anyone that knows anything about me will probably know already that I hate housework, and my son hates it just as much as me. I grit my teeth every weekend and get on with it.

So the reason for this post is that my vacuum cleaner stopped working last weekend, I have changed the fuse and am about to try a new plug, I have also borrowed my son's one for the day.

Both vacuums are Nilfisk, mine is a small light weight one that does a very good job, his one is larger and more powerful but is also heavier so not great for me. I am inclined to just buy another Nilfisk but some people have suggested to get a Dyson.

I would like to ask for suggestions for a powerful lightweight vacuum cleaner. Cost is also a factor I need to consider.
                TIA
                Depends on what Dyson. HQ1 spent £300 on a Dyson Animal (ball jobbie) and it's so flimsy I'd heave it in the bin....it blocks at the slightest....and has no guts as far as I can see. The best value for money - still - after all these years is the HENRY...it turns well, not too heavy on stairs, anyway it reaches more than half way up with it's long hose....then the last few steps on top from landing down.....used by most hotels and tradesmen....it sucks like a limpid and has less bits to go wrong...the wet and dry gives the best of both worlds for a few bob extra.......get yerself one of these,...you won't be disappointed....and it will last you the rest of your life. http://www.amazon.co.uk/NUMATIC-HVR2.../dp/B00N3MDSDS
                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

My next door neighbour has a Henry and she swears by it.
                  Myself.. I have two vacuum cleaners. I had to buy the second one when we were renting an apartment up north. It's a Hoover Telios and I bought it in Curry's for €120... I think. Back home now I use it everyday and prefer it to the much more expensive Miele I've used for years.

Comment

thank you for that, never even thought of Henry and it is not too costly compared with Dyson or Nilfisk

€90.00 at moment here in D.I.D. electric

Comment

thank you for that, never even thought of Henry and it is not too costly compared with Dyson or Nilfisk €90.00 at moment here in D.I.D. electric
                      That's a good price for the basic....have a look at what you'll get for an extra few quid....and it's suction power / watts yill be looking at....the more watts the better the job.....ask for explanation at the shop.. I have the 1200 watt wet n dry £140.00 Charlie....but only coz I wanted it as a carpet washer as well.....and I use it in the workshop.

Comment

do you know the weight of the Charles? can not seem to find it

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                          My next door neighbour has a Henry and she swears by it.
                          Myself.. I have two vacuum cleaners. I had to buy the second one when we were renting an apartment up north. It's a Hoover Telios and I bought it in Curry's for €120... I think. Back home now I use it everyday and prefer it to the much more expensive Miele I've used for years.
                          Hoover TTE2304 Telios Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

is it this one?

Comment

do you know the weight of the Charles? can not seem to find it
                            Don't know but not much if any in it http://www.henryvacs.co.uk/acatalog/...CVC_370-2.html

Comment

found it 7.1 kg

The wet pick up and dry cleaner for flexibility, easy to use
                              Mainly for dry dust cleaning, but will pick up wet spills and blockages
                              15 litre capacity dry and 9 litre wet
                              Powerful 1200W motor with cleaning range of 23.2m
                              Complete with accessories for both wet pick up and dry vacuuming
                              Replacement Bags available
                              WxDxH: 355x355x455mm
                              7.1kg
                              2 year Warranty

Comment

found it 7.1 kg

The wet pick up and dry cleaner for flexibility, easy to use
                                Mainly for dry dust cleaning, but will pick up wet spills and blockages
                                15 litre capacity dry and 9 litre wet
                                Powerful 1200W motor with cleaning range of 23.2m
                                Complete with accessories for both wet pick up and dry vacuuming
                                Replacement Bags available
                                WxDxH: 355x355x455mm
                                7.1kg
                                2 year Warranty
                                That's it....marvelous piece of kit.....long lead, plug in in the hall and it will reach into every room in an average semi without having to unplug....that's upstairs as well.

Tell your lot te chip in and they can cover the cost as a Christmas prezzie....get it now and they pay ya back XMas day....along with other prezzies of course !!! lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X