No announcement yet.

2018 World Cup Qualifiers .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBC the new WC broadcaster for the US must be pretty pissed that the USA messed up. It looks a good mix of returning teams and some new faces like Panana and Iceland. 9 places still up in the air. The draw will be on December 1st and seeding will be based on this months FIFA rankings.

Hosts 1
    Russia

Asia 4
    Iran
    Japan
    Saudi Arabia
    South Korea

Africa 5
    Egypt
    Nigeria
    8 other teams in running for 3 remaining places(Tunisia, Morocco, Ivory Coast, DR Congo, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, South Africa)

Central & North America 3
    Mexico
    Costa Rica
    Panana

South America 4
    Brazil
    Uruguay
    Argentina
    Colombia

Europe 9
    France
    Spain
    Belgium
    England
    Serbia
    Poland
    Portugal
    Germany
    Iceland

Playoffs 4
    Switzerland
    Italy
    Croatia
    Northern Ireland
    Denmark
    Sweden
    ROI
    Greece

Intercontinental Playoffs 2
    Honduras v Australia
    New Zealand v Peru

Comment

Switzerland (seeded)

Italy (seeded)

Denmark (seeded)

Croatia (seeded)

Sweden

Northern Ireland

Greece

Republic of Ireland
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Best draw we could of got v Denmark....and having the 2nd leg at home a double bonus......

The bastards Ryanair......to fly to Copenhagen Thursday before the match 204 euro ......to fly home on Monday 264 euro.......

To fly out Tuesday before match 23.99......same coming back following Tuesday........

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
          Best draw we could of got v Denmark....and having the 2nd leg at home a double bonus......

The bastards Ryanair......to fly to Copenhagen Thursday before the match 204 euro ......to fly home on Monday 264 euro.......

To fly out Tuesday before match 23.99......same coming back following Tuesday........
          is Denmark not a class side in that group? I would have thought n.i away first would be easier...mind you I havn`t been up to date with soccer for years, couldn`t name more than maybe two players.
          in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

You'll have to go for the week Dinny...
            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
              You'll have to go for the week Dinny...
              I haven't got your money cogs

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                is Denmark not a class side in that group? I would have thought n.i away first would be easier...mind you I havn`t been up to date with soccer for years, couldn`t name more than maybe two players.
                That's not a group cosmo.....they are the 8 teams that finished second in their groups......the have to be whittled down to 4 teams ..that will go to the world cup......the 4 seeded teams were drawn against the non seeded......and we got possibley the weakest team of the seeded
                Last edited by dinny; 18-10-2017, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Dinny, I went to Odense a good few years ago and we flew into Billund Airport
                  and home through Malmo which I think is about an hour from Copenhagen via that massive bridge between Denmark and Sweden. Also Germany and then train to Denmark might be an option.

Comment

That's not a group cosmo.....they are the 8 teams that finished second in their groups......the have to be whittled down to 4 teams ..that will go to the world cup......the 4 seeded teams were drawn against the non seeded......and we got possibley the weakest team of the seeded
                    I see that now dinny,thanks, the old we`re looking for a 'result' away, as the saying goes.
                    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                      Dinny, I went to Odense a good few years ago and we flew into Billund Airport
                      and home through Malmo which I think is about an hour from Copenhagen via that massive bridge between Denmark and Sweden. Also Germany and then train to Denmark might be an option.
                      Nemesis.Thanks all the same but..I'm not going to much expense and hassle for one game ...if it was the second game it would be different ..... I've travelled that Bridge from Copenhagen to Malmo and back many times...... Ryanair have also increased prices to Sweden (surprisingly) ....when I looked it up I was very surprised to see that Aer Lingus don't fly to Scandinavia

Ryanair don't fly to Copenhagen on Friday and the Saturday flight doesn't get in until 7.45pm......so you have to go on Thursday and spend at least 3 nights there in one of the most expensive cities i've been in....
                      Last edited by dinny; 18-10-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                        Curiously they have a lad called Thomas Delaney in the squad whose great grandfather left Ireland after the Famine for the US then his son settled in Denmark.
                        Last edited by Napper Tandy; 18-10-2017, 03:53 PM. Reason: Great added

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                          Curiously they have a lad called Thomas Delaney in the squad whose grandfather left Ireland after the Famine for the US then his son settled in Denmark.
                          Denmark also hammered group winners Poland 4-0 at home.....would I Ireland do that to any team let alone Poland

Comment

Denmark also hammered group winners Poland 4-0 at home.....would I Ireland do that to any team let alone Poland
                            Nope, not quality sides, we even struggle to score against the minnows. We play better when we have to defend a lead and seem pretty toothless when we have to chase a goal or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                              Curiously they have a lad called Thomas Delaney in the squad whose grandfather left Ireland after the Famine for the US then his son settled in Denmark.
                              Hardly his grandfather Napper , more like his great great great grandfather . Unless he is about 100 years of age .

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                                Hardly his grandfather Napper , more like his great great great grandfather . Unless he is about 100 years of age .
                                Well spotted Bo I left out a great, it was his grandfather who moved to Denmark from the USA.

Comment

Working...
                                X