Clear All

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
    Piss off Brantrat and stop spamming
    Way to go, Jembo.....they've gone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      Way to go, Jembo.....they've gone!!
      No they haven't.

Just a general question for the mods, should spam posts be quoted? On a previous forum I used the owner had the mods cracking down on posters who responded to spam posts. He claimed it increased spam traffic, better to ignore and use report function for the mods to delete the spam. Any truth in that?

Comment

• There's not enough traffic on this site to cause us a problem with members quoting them . Anyway I am just about to eliminate our latest friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
          Very good Dinny we took in a lot in the three weeks we were there and done a lot of traveling.we went to Perth first and then on to Sydney for five days and back to Perth for a wedding as my Niece was getting married.Between traveling and going through different time zones I am knackered but it was worth it to catch up on all the family
          Did ye not call in for a bottle a tae with the Boxman ?
          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Just done "The Twelve Apostles" by Tim Pat Coogan...mostly what we already know....but a fair few interesting gems....worth a gander for those with interest.
            Attached Files
            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• East of Algiers by Francis Durbridge the book was first out about 60 years ago

Comment

• For Christ sake don't ever attempt to read "The Fifth Gospel" by Ian Caldwell ....it's probably the most boring book ever written.......certainly the biggest load of rubbish I ever attempted to read
                The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Boys in Zinc by Svetlana Alexievich.
                  Translation by Andrew Bromfield.
                  About the Soviet war in Afghanistan.
                  Good reading.
                  I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                  Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Graham Greene's Heart Of The Matter, first read it about 50 years ago

Comment

• Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healy, a bit repetitive but interesting

Comment

• I'm reading Judas by Peter Stanford. As far as I have gone, it is really interesting.

Comment

• Did Judas volunteer to be the scapegoat

Comment

• Originally posted by kellier View Post
                            Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healy, a bit repetitive but interesting
                            Read that last year - not so much a mystery, more a rather touching - and often humorous- tale of an elderly lady with dementia, seen from her point of view......

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                              Read that last year - not so much a mystery, more a rather touching - and often humorous- tale of an elderly lady with dementia, seen from her point of view......
                              Dont tell me the end i still have another 60 pages to go

Comment

• Originally posted by kellier View Post
                                Dont tell me the end i still have another 60 pages to go
                                No, I won't spoil 'it for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X