Second photo is me favourite bigby

Comment

jijel where i spend my holidays every summer

Comment

jijel where i spend my holidays every summer

wow, pinch me !

Comment

A day out on the coast

Bigby, what are the locations ? #4 is the only one I think I know, is it Howth Head from Dun Leary ? Harbour ?

Comment

Here's some further North

This is where "Red Island" used to be.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
              Bigby, what are the locations ? #4 is the only one I think I know, is it Howth Head from Dun Leary ? Harbour ?
              have gone back and put names on
              Drive from Dunlaoighre past fourty foot, Dalkey Killiney Head
              Vico Road Sorrento Road Dalkey
              magic

Comment

Thanks for those Capt. I particularly like No 3. It's such a serene scene and so clear you can almost smell the sea as you look at it. Great pic. If you were to exhibit some of your photos at the open air exhibition up around Stephens Green at weekends you'd make a few quid. One of my sons makes a tidy sum and even gets orders for photos. The trick he uses is to only have one of each photo so that whoever buys it is sure to have a unique photo for their collection or to hang on their wall.
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Jazus, but yer a flatterer ! Keep 'em coming. That one is actually where "Red Island" holiday camp used to be in Skerries. Do you remember it ? I worked there for three days when I first left College and ran out of it in frustration and shame that anyone would treat both staff and clients in such a manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
                    Jazus, but yer a flatterer ! Keep 'em coming. That one is actually where "Red Island" holiday camp used to be in Skerries. Do you remember it ? I worked there for three days when I first left College and ran out of it in frustration and shame that anyone would treat both staff and clients in such a manner.
                    No flattery, nuttin' but the truth. You seem to have an eye for a good photo composition, and I love that one with the seat in the foreground for so many reasons... it even makes you think.... like what's in the 'dead ground' between the grassy edge and the shoreline.

I tried out Red Island once and found it had such a 'cold' atmosphere I never went back. In that area I used to like Butlins, and I hear there's some talk of returning it to it's former 'glory'.

Then again I'm a bit biased as far as the Rush, Lusk, Skerries area and on out to Balbriggan and beyond is concerned. If you look at business names in that general area, and perhaps Rush in particlular you'll know my name.... though I have no connection with the businesses as the family was split because of the Civil War and the money went to the other side.

But my youngest sis lives in Balbriggan and I suppose she's the link to my spiritual home.... even though I'm a north inner city boy born and bred and always will be no matter where I go.

But to get back to the photos (at my age we tend to waffle :-) there's some interesting ones on the Balbriggan website, and a lot of local history too. I think it's www.balbriggan.net

Keep your camera handy no matter where you go.
                    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Brisbane dawn July 2009

1) Getting ready for a baloon flight this sky caught my eye.
                      2) A carpet snake that sunned himself all day just coming out of our winter. This was just over the front display window of my daughters work place. It was only about 7 or 8 feet up and I estimsate it was about 7 feet long
                      3) Pom pom bush.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gatsby View Post
                        Thanks, Streaky. I love her to bits. She wasn't well at all on the day that photo was taken. She was in agony. But ya know de wimmen....they have to have the make up on. We were getting ready to go grocery shopping.
                        You are to be envied, Dear Gatz.

Euridite, witty, urbane and distinguished, ( AND a Trophy Wife !)

The Lovely Lady is a Joy to Behold!

Comment

Beautiful pictures, Captain!

You resemble your uncle very strongly, by the way!

Rashers is right, you have a great eye for composition.

( You know the answer to your question, Rashers ).

All old infantrymen know that 'Dead Ground' equals 'Live Men'

Comment

I don't know whether I already posted this one, Capt. Patch.

This was taken in the Lower Yard, Dublin Castle, as the members of the Four Courts Garrison fell in prior to attending a commerative Mass in the Church of the Most Holy Trinity, ( 1952 )

Your Uncle Joe is easily identified. ( He is the one giving the orders !!!)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Bang Bang

Bang Bang
                              Here's one I enhanced a bit it's either two volunteers or two prisoners boxing. AS third possability is the Curragh during the Emergancy. Any clues to their identity ?

Bye the way I think ye need new glasses as I've never heard , nor do I think, that I look like Joe

Comment

Bang Bang

Bang Bang
                                Here's one I enhanced a bit it's either two volunteers or two prisoners boxing. AS third possability is the Curragh during the Emergancy. Any clues to their identity ?

Bye the way I think ye need new glasses as I've never heard , nor do I think, that I look like Joe

Crips, it's disappeared !!

Comment

Working...
                                X