• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW.. yer not allowed te go t the pitchers till yiv posted yer bit
    What pitcher wuz ih anyway ?.
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      Hey.... great job there V2....what a story....and so much info.....I'll be tuning in tmorra night again.
      Glad you are enjoying it DTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        Glad you are enjoying it DTW.
        Yes I am...love the family history stuff.....mine included....it's all fascinating stuff discovering who and where we come from if ye like. I'm writing mine in a book online along with photos....just to leave a footprint and the collated info for those behind me.....It's great fun and very reasonably priced.

Comment

• Great idea DTW. Incidentally, though I started this thread as a sort if database of names that people could refer to if they were having problems with their research - if they'd hit a brickwall - it doesn't seem to have been used in that way, but it's had new life put into it with Vico's story. Once that's finished maybe other posters might like to post their family histories too........

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
            Great idea DTW. Incidentally, though I started this thread as a sort if database of names that people could refer to if they were having problems with their research - if they'd hit a brickwall - it doesn't seem to have been used in that way, but it's had new life put into it with Vico's story. Once that's finished maybe other posters might like to post their family histories too........
            That's right....Mine starts way back where The O'Rahilly and Lord Kitchener were born.... Ballylongford near Listowel, County Kerry..... I'm only back to 1810....after that it's very difficult because the peasant Irish couldn't afford nice tombstones and once church records run out yiv had it......but I've done a lot on both sides and still working on it....this 40 years plus.....love it.

Comment

That's right....Mine starts way back where The O'Rahilly and Lord Kitchener were born.... Ballylongford near Listowel, County Kerry..... I'm only back to 1810....after that it's very difficult because the peasant Irish couldn't afford nice tombstones and once church records run out yiv had it......but I've done a lot on both sides and still working on it....this 40 years plus.....love it.
              well maybe we could start up a new thread, get Vico's story transferred onto it, then you could put up yours.........think it'd be very popular, as long as each poster was allowed to finish their story before the next one........

Comment

well maybe we could start up a new thread, get Vico's story transferred onto it, then you could put up yours.........think it'd be very popular, as long as each poster was allowed to finish their story before the next one........
                Well yeah...but this thread is grand for purpose....

Comment

Well yeah...but this thread is grand for purpose....
                  Not really what I set it up for though, and the name doesn't make any sense if it's used for a different purpose. As the OP I'd rather a new thread was set up. I'm sure Vico woudn't mind.

Comment

Not really what I set it up for though, and the name doesn't make any sense if it's used for a different purpose. As the OP I'd rather a new thread was set up. I'm sure Vico woudn't mind.
                    I don't mind at all Katie. I will hold off putting more information up until you get the transfer organised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                      I don't mind at all Katie. I will hold off putting more information up until you get the transfer organised.
                      no, don't do that! carry on with your story. I just meant in the longer term it would be good to have a thread dedicated to people's family stories. DTW will kill me if you stop now over something I said!

Comment

no, don't do that! carry on with your story. I just meant in the longer term it would be good to have a thread dedicated to people's family stories. DTW will kill me if you stop now over something I said!
                        Ok Katie, you are too young to die.

On 7th March 1840 Emma and Helena Levey were christened in St Andrews Church in Westland Row. (another set of twins.) The family was living in Merrion Parade, Blackrock at the time. I do not know the actual birth date. I believe that the twins were born sometime in 1839 but not christened until the following year.

In its March 14th 1840 Issue the Monmouthshire Merlin reported the birth of triplets to R M and Ellen Levey. The children were called Handel, Mozart and Haydn. They were not christened until December 1841.

As R M Levey would have been away from home from time to time fulfilling engagements in the UK and Europe, it is possible that some of the christenings were held back until he was at home. Mozart must have died as he appears to have disappeared from the scene altogether.

However another problem arises for me here.

The other two boys were called Haydn and Handel after the composers. Handel seems to have disappeared and I have Haydn Handel being baptised in 1841 and further information on his life in London, as detailed below.

The question is was the name Handel repeated, that is the first name of one child, and the second name of his brother. It would seem odd by our standards, but that was a different time. However, Handel has disappeared also and I can find no further record of him beyond the birth in the newspaper.

1841 Haydn Handel Levey was baptised.

He married Annie Louisa Coates in late 1864 in London. They had four children, Annie his wife died in 1874. He then married Fanny Elizabeth Suter in 1877. They had thirteen children. One child was named Otto (born in 1893), another was called Haydn Albert (born in 1874) and a third was called William Charles.

Haydn Handel also called himself Handel. He was a Silk Agent. He died on 18th June 1920 in Lambeth where he had lived. His second wife, Fanny died in 1916.

Haydn Handel had a son called Haydn M who was lost at sea on the HMS Torrent by submarine action in World War 2. I have a photograph of him but I don't know how to put up a photograph - sorry.

That's all for tonight folks

Comment

• great names for a musical family!

Comment

Causin havoc again oi see....Oil have yer guts fer garters in a minneh....an oim ony 90 mins from your gaff....Righ now...wotz it gonna be called "Your Family Story" or simply "Genealogy".... over to the back office.

Comment

• [
                              QUOTE=Vico2;467293]Ok Katie, you are too young to die.
                              On 7th March 1840 Emma and Helena Levey were christened in St Andrews Church in Westland Row. (another set of twins.) The family was living in Merrion Parade, Blackrock at the time. I do not know the actual birth date. I believe that the twins were born sometime in 1839 but not christened until the following year.
                              Can't for the life a me find Merrion Parade....any ideas ? Mt Merrion Ave YES but NO Parade.

In its March 14th 1840 Issue the Monmouthshire Merlin reported the birth of triplets to R M and Ellen Levey. The children were called Handel, Mozart and Haydn. They were not christened until December 1841.
                              How come Monmouthshire ??? have I missed something ?. Don't ya just love the names....good o.

As R M Levey would have been away from home from time to time fulfilling engagements in the UK and Europe, it is possible that some of the christenings were held back until he was at home. Mozart must have died as he appears to have disappeared from the scene altogether.

However another problem arises for me here.

The other two boys were called Haydn and Handel after the composers. Handel seems to have disappeared and I have Haydn Handel being baptised in 1841 and further information on his life in London, as detailed below.

The question is was the name Handel repeated, that is the first name of one child, and the second name of his brother. It would seem odd by our standards, but that was a different time. However, Handel has disappeared also and I can find no further record of him beyond the birth in the newspaper.

1841 Haydn Handel Levey was baptised.

He married Annie Louisa Coates in late 1864 in London. They had four children, Annie his wife died in 1874. He then married Fanny Elizabeth Suter in 1877. They had thirteen children. One child was named Otto (born in 1893), another was called Haydn Albert (born in 1874) and a third was called William Charles.
                              By jaze he might have been away a lot....either the wimmin were nymphos or he never practised the fiddle

Haydn Handel also called himself Handel. He was a Silk Agent. He died on 18th June 1920 in Lambeth where he had lived. His second wife, Fanny died in 1916.

Haydn Handel had a son called Haydn M who was lost at sea on the HMS Torrent by submarine action in World War 2. I have a photograph of him but I don't know how to put up a photograph - sorry.
                              See pix for pic uploading.

That's all for tonight folks[/QUOTE]If you hit the QUOTE box as to quote a post as normal.....you will see pic one....but scroll to the btm of the frame and hit the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS box and you will get Pic 2.

From here hit the first CHOOSE FILE box and it will take you to where your computer files are stored....Find what you want and hit the UPLOAD BOX and when it's done close the frame. That takes ye back to the post you were sending and the pic will be attached to your post.... Post Preview.....to check it's ok....then SUBMIT REPLY to post it.

Sounds complicated but a lot easier than it sounds....try it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• DTW
                                Merrion Parade had also been known as Llandaff House and Herbert Lodge
                                It was just past the Saint Mary's Blind Asylum almost facing Booterstown Train station
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X