Quigley--- shoemaker, Elliott Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quigley--- shoemaker, Elliott Place

In common with most Irish families, anything and everything was up for debate and discussion, provided the subject was not important. So in a way it didn't really surprise me, that in the course of a casual conversation a few years ago, I was to discover the existence of an aunt of my mothers that up to that time I had never heard of.

My grand aunt, Katie Carroll, in 1928 was to marry William Quigley in Holycross church in Tipperary. She was 28 and he was a 45 year old widower with at least one child. Quigley was ex British army, have left in 1922 after over 20 years service. The witnesses at the wedding were a brother and a sister of the groom, which might give an indication of some degree of family disapproval from her side.

The next records that I came upon was the birth of 2 daughters, Catherine, born in 1932 and Margaret Mary, born in 1933. In 1932, their address is given as 1 Elliott Plc and in 1933, as Purdon St. Both were born in the Rotunda.

I thought that with that much information secure that ''the heavy lifting'' would be out of the way but in fact, the opposite is the case. Any ideas or suggestions on how to take it to the next level. Would like to find death certs, graves for William and Katie Quigley and marriage certs for their 2 daughters. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that those 2 women are still living and that my mother has first cousins that she never me.
Working...
X