Great Day for Elizabeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
    I would countenance a bit of decorum and moderation......
    As with a number of our learned posters here you are suffering from an over exuberance of you own bombasity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballinamoe View Post
      As with a number of our learned posters here you are suffering from an over exuberance of you own bombasity.
      I agree with you Mo, haven't felt right after that second helping Roget's Thesaurus.......
      Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        What REALLY happened during the Queen's visit to the Guinness Brewery.

ROFL!!!
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Worth every penny.............
          And More .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Deirdre View Post
            And More .....
            I don't get that....why??

Comment

Worth every penny.............
              How much exactly didit cost?
              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                How much exactly didit cost?
                Hi Suzieq it's far too early to tell, the bean counters will have to offset the actual expenses, time off and all other such matters against the gains received from extra tourists and revenues, in effect it could take a full calendar year. Her Majesty's revenue have already noticed a spike in vat for the period........Money very well spent.......
                Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Hi Suzieq it's far too early to tell, the bean counters will have to offset the actual expenses, time off and all other such matters against the gains received from extra tourists and revenues, in effect it could take a full calendar year. Her Majesty's revenue have already noticed a spike in vat for the period........Money very well spent.......
                  I was listening to an economist talking about the gains and losses to the
                  economy using the Royal Wedding last year as a yardstick....think she said
                  that all in all the losses would possibly outweigh the gains, but that the difference would be negligible. And there's probably a difference between
                  the effects on London and the rest of the country, though not being fiscally-minded I wouldn't know about that.

Comment

• I'm aware of a number of complaints relating to comments I made in posts responding to the member Skinthegoat in this thread - they refer to a suggestion I made to the member to 'eff off' in the vernacular. I've deleted the post with the suggestion... and also the post where I suggested he might LHBO somewhere else. He's free to LHBO here, same as any other member as long as he stays within a few minimum rules relating to personal abuse, similar to any other properly conducted forum. To ask him to observe those basics while telling him to eff off would be hypocritical and unsustainable.

Any allegations of unfair treatment or moderation by myself are rejected outright as are suggestions that I would try to 'stifle conversation' - if I was to act in that manner then the member would be correct - I would indeed be 'unfit' to moderate.

No warnings, infractions, threats to ban etc. were issued by me to the member during or after the exchanges mentioned above....
                    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• I too use the f word sometimes and hope I dont offend anyone - old habits die hard but I gave up believing in the infallibility of the pope years so that may help in my defence!!!
                      Last edited by Red Biddy; 22-06-2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X