No announcement yet.

The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on a service contract Dtw, so no call out charges.

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      I'm on a service contract Dtw, so no call out charges.
      Ahh well figgy duff ....Let's know what the snag is / was.
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• I hope you get fixed up soon Katie, it is not a time of the year to be without your heat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
          I hope you get fixed up soon Katie, it is not a time of the year to be without your heat.
          well i think it's because of the weather it's not working.....it's a condenser boiler and apparently the condenser pipe can freeze up and it's really common.......I've tried pouring hot water over the pipe but it hasn't made a difference. Will just leave it till the engineer comes now.......

Comment

well i think it's because of the weather it's not working.....it's a condenser boiler and apparently the condenser pipe can freeze up and it's really common.......I've tried pouring hot water over the pipe but it hasn't made a difference. Will just leave it till the engineer comes now.......
            After you have it fixed try insulating the pipe to protect it from freezing? This usually works.
            I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
            Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
              After you have it fixed try insulating the pipe to protect it from freezing? This usually works.
              yes, i'm thinking of doing that, Jembo.

Comment

• The Gas Man Cometh........waiting for the verdict........

Comment

The Gas Man Cometh........waiting for the verdict........
                  More like the Iceman Cometh in this weather......hope it's nothing serious
                  The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                    More like the Iceman Cometh in this weather......hope it's nothing serious
                    he said the fan is "on the way out"......hope he can fix it, i'm freezin'......on the sofa with my duvet and a small oil-filled radiator, rest of house like a freezer......

Comment

he said the fan is "on the way out"......hope he can fix it, i'm freezin'......on the sofa with my duvet and a small oil-filled radiator, rest of house like a freezer......
                      Think the replacement fan would cost a couple of hundred pounds hope he can recycle the one you have.........mine has been acting up lately as well think I will have to get the boiler replaced it's ancient ......or I'll have to buy an new duvet

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                        Think the replacement fan would cost a couple of hundred pounds hope he can recycle the one you have.........mine has been acting up lately as well think I will have to get the boiler replaced it's ancient ......or I'll have to buy an new duvet
                        I have cover for the repairs Dinny........he's coming back to fit the new fan tomorrow......he's given us a couple of fan heaters for now......

Comment

I have cover for the repairs Dinny........he's coming back to fit the new fan tomorrow......he's given us a couple of fan heaters for now......
                          That's great.....Happiness is a warm woman

Comment

Glad you are getting organised Katie. I had to replace the boiler a few years ago, it is not cheap

Comment

• well I wouldn't know about that! (re warm woman)

Still, I've learnt from this experience........going to make sure I have lots of heaters in future, plus extra duvets and some fuel for the fire (didn't have any in as thought we were moving and i'd cleaned and blacked the grate and everything) and hot water bottles. We're so dependent on central heating that we forget we used to get by very well without it......
                              Last edited by KatieMorag; 12-12-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                                Glad you are getting organised Katie. I had to replace the boiler a few years ago, it is not cheap
                                well the boiler is ten years old, and I think they last 15 on average, so I hope it lasts a bit longer

Comment

Working...
                                X