Dolores & Paverotti: Ave Maria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    MONEY TALKS.....the rest of us would have been locked up....
    How many ppl in here have bought her stuff I wonder ?
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

How many ppl in here have bought her stuff I wonder ?

Comment

MONEY TALKS.....the rest of us would have been locked up....
        Still I don't think she should be judged as we don't know the full story. And I think she must have been in a pretty bad place to have behaved in that way. I have my own psychological issues, not as serious as hers but I suppose that makes me more forgiving. I also have a mentally ill relative so I have some experience of psychiatric conditions. She is no longer here to defend herself. And yes, I do have a Cranberries album (on cassette of all things.)

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
          sometime its very hard to identify someone with a depressive state of mind or drug influencied or personal problems ie relationships , and we make observations on what we see ...and what we see is not always what we get , she did have a very unique and distinctive voice...but obviously a troubled persona.
          Youre right Cos.....she saidbit was living in hotels after her marriage break up that caused her atrocious behaviour......the bi polar stuff was suposedly came a year after her hotel stress.....hat was 2015......she opened up about it pubically in 2017.....

I sympathise wth all sex abuse victims......anywhere...anytime.....By the same tokenI abhor prima donna pop singers.....who think theyre something theyre not.....

That little brat O'Connor yunwan is another of the ilk......ok..so some ppl buy what you sing....is that any excuse for thinking you can do as you please or breaking the law.....AND .......getting away with it......

These ppl should have lessons on how to behave when they make piles of money.....
          LESSON No 1...... dont let it go to your head.

Comment

This just reminded me of a surprising event about forty five years ago.

My old man was a couple of years off retiring from the 'Oifig an Phoist' as it was then. It was usual for the post to let a long serving postman finish their last few years on an 'indoor job' or cushy number as we might say.....his final two years were spent at the Henry Street entrance to the GPO as a security number. That door led to Radio Eireann the Irish radio broadcast HQ at the time.....for those who don't know.

RE was in the process of moving house and all of the 78rpm record collection was being slowly moved out in sizeable trolley racks.

Anyway on the day in question the fella that was moving the records stopped in the hall and asked my oul man to keep an eye on his trolley while he used the loo.

Out of curiosity the oul man put his hand into the middle of the rack and pulled out a 78, and what a surprise to find the 78 was a recording made by his own brother Frank C....which was more surprising because he had no idea his brother had ever made the recording in the first place.

He then took out an adjacent record and found it was also recorded by his brother...

Frank was a wonderful musician, singer and dancer in his time. From a family of eleven singers, dancers and musicians he was regarded as a boy prodigy and was given all the help and encouragement of my grandparents to capitalize on his natural talent by having him enrolled in the Army School of Music in Dublin at a young age.

From boy soprano in the Inchicore choir he went on to be chief organist for twenty six years at the Oblates Church not far from where the family lived in Ring Street.

Although as time went on he could play almost any instrument ....wind, string and others besides....his favourite was piano....and he was in his day something of a celeb, and always in demand for weddings and theatre shows etc around the country.

Perhaps my old man should not have been so surprised when he found the two 78's. Although my Uncle Frank was deceased by the time the recordings were found.

The first record the old man pulled was Ave Maria (Schubert) with "Bless This House" as the B Side. I keep that record today, and it's here for those interested, AM is a bit scratchy and incomplete for sure, but I think he does both songs justice and I love his piano, particularly on BTH. It's a real nice to have. The second record lives with my elder sister in the US.
            DTW....that is amazing , a real treasure to have that incredible piece of Irish musical history .....thank you for sharing

Comment

Not being officially diagnosed with something doesn't mean you're not suffering from it.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                Still I don't think she should be judged as we don't know the full story. And I think she must have been in a pretty bad place to have behaved in that way. I have my own psychological issues, not as serious as hers but I suppose that makes me more forgiving. I also have a mentally ill relative so I have some experience of psychiatric conditions. She is no longer here to defend herself. And yes, I do have a Cranberries album (on cassette of all things.)
                I cannot condone what she did under any circumstances.....
                I sympathise with any medical conditon she had......
                I dont like her music......
                I dont think she has a great voice......
                I dont know what musical qualification determined her the best judgeb of an Irish TV singers comp.
                Wouldnt want to turn this into a personal to you situation...
                I know a bit about bi polar.....manic depressives .....from a close relative.
                My question about howmanybought her stuff was a serious question......Im glad you liked them...her enough to buy it.
                ANYWAY thats my stall laid out in black n white for better for worse...but i cant pussy foot over it......But we"ll have to agree to disagree......I like you too much to fall out with you over Ms O"Reardon......for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Rossiter View Post
                  DTW....that is amazing , a real treasure to have that incredible piece of Irish musical history .....thank you for sharing
                  Thank you for your comment Nick.....it is something that might have been lost forever.....except for a fluke:-) Dear uncle Frank would be blushing bright red if he could see and read this right now.....

Comment

I cannot condone what she did under any circumstances.....
                    I sympathise with any medical conditon she had......
                    I dont like her music......
                    I dont think she has a great voice......
                    I dont know what musical qualification determined her the best judgeb of an Irish TV singers comp.
                    Wouldnt want to turn this into a personal to you situation...
                    I know a bit about bi polar.....manic depressives .....from a close relative.
                    My question about howmanybought her stuff was a serious question......Im glad you liked them...her enough to buy it.
                    ANYWAY thats my stall laid out in black n white for better for worse...but i cant pussy foot over it......But we"ll have to agree to disagree......I like you too much to fall out with you over Ms O"Reardon......for sure.
                    I don't want to fall out either, so yes, we'll agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                      I don't want to fall out either, so yes, we'll agree to disagree.
                      Three big goozers for you then Ms Keep -Yer - Rag ...:-)

Comment

Working...
                      X