Leo and parades ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo and parades ...

Is he intending to march in all Gay Pride parades around the globe , Canadian one today .

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
    Is he intending to march in all Gay Pride parades around the globe , Canadian one today .

Not a good plan......Methinks..
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      The Belfast one I could understand... he was up there on a formal visit anyway the same weekend.

The Canadian one... well , again he's on a trade visit - and Trudeau is accompanying him to the parade - so maybe it was a Canadian idea.
      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

OTTAWA—Leo Varadkar, Ireland’s taoiseach, or prime minister, will join Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at Montreal’s Pride parade during a three-day visit that gets underway Saturday.

The two leaders met in Ireland in July, shortly after Varadkar took office as the country’s first openly gay prime minister.

Trudeau says he and Varadkar plan to discuss issues related to diversity and inclusion and how both countries can benefit from the Canada-Europe Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement, which goes into effect next month.

Trudeau’s office says the Sunday event will mark the first time a foreign leader has joined the prime minister in a Canadian Pride parade.

The prime minister stresses the close ties between the two countries, saying over 4.5 million Canadians claimed Irish ancestry in 2011.

He also says the two-way economic links are strong.

“Our two countries enjoy strong family ties, common values, and a shared history,” Trudeau said in a statement. “Now we are collaborating again to ensure that CETA creates good, well-paying middle class jobs on both sides of the Atlantic.”

Comment

Looks like it was a Canadian initiative so... I didn't realise Trudeau attended every year. Tied in with Varadkar's trade visit - he was hardly going to say no...

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
            Looks like it was a Canadian initiative so... I didn't realise Trudeau attended every year. Tied in with Varadkar's trade visit - he was hardly going to say no...
            Really and truly.it's a non issue.Nobody cares.

Comment

Twobob does... he started the thread !!

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                Twobob does... he started the thread !!
                Care , nahhhhh .....but there is something gentile about the way he waves his hand , for such a large man .
                Last edited by Twobob; 21-08-2017, 07:37 AM.

Comment

it is not wise for somebody to use ''their office'' for personal gain.......Nor to give others that impression.....

Comment

yes trudeau always attends...im a trudeau fan i dont think ed is but i forgive him anyways hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                      it is not wise for somebody to use ''their office'' for personal gain.......Nor to give others that impression.....
                      What you're describing is corruption, which is irrelevant to the topic.

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                      yes trudeau always attends...im a trudeau fan i dont think ed is but i forgive him anyways hahahahah
                      Trudeau with Varadkar and partner at the march...

varadkar.jpg

Comment

Love trudeau......whos leo again hahahha..

thinking back to a big corruption story here in the 80s shortly after we emigrated......

it was discovered during an audit....trudeau (Pierre) yer present guys daddy had had a state dinner....and charged a $15 bottle of wine to government bill...now all the state wine was actually covered...but he opened this bottle before the dinner.....all over the bleeding papers and he had to pay it back hahaa..i dont worry much about corruption..

Comment

Comment piece in todays Independent

Wendy Grace

August 22 2017 2:30 AM

I used to admire Leo Varadkar. He had a reputation for speaking his mind. He wasn't afraid to stray from the herd, even if party grandees weren't always pleased.

That maverick streak made him a darling of the media and the obvious choice of successor to Enda Kenny for FG TDs and senators eager to hoover up any swing voters they could.

But in everything he does and says these days he seems to cosy up to the media and other people whom he thinks will keep him in power.

How ironic. You get to the top because you were independent-minded, and you try to stay on top by acting as a stooge.

The recent diplomatic manoeuvres between Varadkar and Canadian leader Justin Trudeau are an example. We're not talking about a partnership of equals here. It's about the pluming and grooming of Varadkar by an international liberal elite of which Trudeau is the political poster-boy.

Trudeau is the anti-Trump. He represents the views of well-funded international elitists who want to get certain things done in the world. One of those things is the internationalisation of unrestricted abortion as a supposed 'human right'. Canada has a frightening law on abortion, in fact it has no law restricting the procedure at any stage over the nine months of pregnancy.

I have recently gone through the joys, fears and challenges of expecting a baby. The complexity of my child's life and development from his earliest days in my womb has been a wonder to me. I see with fresh eyes what must be the injustice of even an early-term abortion where a baby like mine, with tiny but fully formed limbs, with a beating heart since 21 days of life, could be destroyed at 10 or 12 weeks of pregnancy. I shudder at the later-term abortions which Canada allows and Trudeau champions.

It takes an injection of poison into the baby's heart, or something even more horrifying, to take away life at that point.

So I find it galling that Mr Trudeau would be the one to start the conversation with our Taoiseach about abortion, and that Leo would simply let him.

The killing of an unborn child is neither a 'human rights' or a 'women's rights' issue as Trudeau claims.

Abortion is the negation of human rights, and the power to tell a doctor or other person to kill and remove (or remove and let die) the child in your womb does nothing for the rights of any woman.

Leo says he's pro-life. He certainly used to be. Like everyone else, he deserves to be judged by his actions. So far, everything he says seems designed to placate radical pro-abortion lobbyists at home and abroad. In the North recently, he told activists wearing Repeal jerseys that they'd have a referendum (even though the Oireachtas committee set up to consider the Citizens' Assembly Report has barely begun its meetings). And, as if to please his host in Canada, Varadkar announced that Ireland would hold a referendum on the issue in the first half of 2018.

Why wasn't he the one challenging Trudeau about abortion? Where was his outrage about what Canada does to pre-born children who are not wanted? What about the 491 Canadian children from 2000 to 2009 who survived botched abortion procedures and so were ignored by hospital staff and simply left to die?

Where was his defence of Ireland's law, of how the Irish people and not some parliamentary elite voted in 1983 to protect both unborn children and their mothers, how we've had a safety record in protecting women during pregnancy that is as good if not better than Canada, and that, while 20pc of pregnancies in Canada are aborted, Ireland has one of the lowest rates in the world? Why couldn't Leo have told Trudeau that our laws have actually saved lives?

My guess is it's because he has fallen into the trap of others before him, and is only listening to those who shout loudest, which at the moment is the people chanting the 'Repeal' mantra.

But has Leo met the families who have received the tragic diagnosis that their unborn baby had a life-threatening condition, and who believe that legal protection and social respect for such children is key to the best outcomes for such children and their families? Has the Taoiseach met, or even heard of Women Hurt, a group of women who regret their abortions and who are at best ignored or at worst stigmatised when they try to tell their stories?

Our Taoiseach used to have the capacity to champion people like that.

Now he engages in gimmickry like exchanging socks and uttering platitudes to people with no regard for the right to life of babies in the womb.

If this goes on, I hope my boy goes into politics some day and really socks it to him.

Wendy Grace is a freelance journalist and broadcaster with Spirit Radio

Irish Independent

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                            Love trudeau......whos leo again hahahha..

thinking back to a big corruption story here in the 80s shortly after we emigrated......

it was discovered during an audit....trudeau (Pierre) yer present guys daddy had had a state dinner....and charged a $15 bottle of wine to government bill...now all the state wine was actually covered...but he opened this bottle before the dinner.....all over the bleeding papers and he had to pay it back hahaa..i dont worry much about corruption..
                            But you would agree it is not wise for people to do it openly....?

Comment

They're three deep at the bar of Myos in Castleknock... the international liberal elite. That's probably how Leo got roped in...

Comment

Working...
                              X