Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Holiday Inn Express to open soon

Hi All

I passed the old Eircom/Irish Aid Building on my way to work this AM.and noticed that nearly all the scaffolding has been removed to reveal the new Holiday Inn Express. It looks lovely and I believe it is due to open soon. It definitely will create jobs and business and tourism in the area. It is close to the Gresham and the Academy Hotel too.

Article follows.

A former office block on Dublin’s famous O’Connell Street is set to be turned into a 198-bedroom hotel. The latest addition to the hotel sector in the capital will be a Holiday Inn Express which is expected to open early next year. A Northern Ireland building firm, McAleer & Rushe, this week announced it had won the €13.8m contract to work on the hotel project in Dublin city centre.
    Martin Magee from McAleer & Rushe said: “McAleer & Rushe’s involvement signals our confidence in Dublin’s resurgence. The works include the complete soft strip of the building, removal of plant rooms and the existing facade, reconfiguration of the internal cores and the construction of an additional floor.” He went on to say that the scheme would “integrate an unloved 1970s office block into the wider contextual fabric of Dublin’s most famous thoroughfare”. The company previously built the W Hotel in London’s Leicester Square.
    When completed in the spring of next year, the new hotel will operate under a franchise agreement with Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) owner Findlater House Ltd.
    In a further sign of improvement in Dublin’s hotel sector, the latest edition of PwCs European Cities hotel forecast found that in the capital the average daily room rate has increased by over 25 per cent from €80 in 2011 to a projected €102 this year. Occupancy rates are showing a healthy rise as well, up from 71 per cent in 2011 to 80 per cent this year. The higher prices and increased guest numbers have pushed the key Revenue Per Available Room rate for Dublin hotels up 42 per cent from €57 in 2011 to an expected €80 this year.

UP THE DUBS!!!

when were on long drives, we generally kip down in the Holiday Inn Express hotels along the way...theyre consistent in quality, clean decent beds and generally value for $$$ glad to see dublin is getting one finally..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
      when were on long drives, we generally kip down in the Holiday Inn Express hotels along the way...theyre consistent in quality, clean decent beds and generally value for $$$ glad to see dublin is getting one finally..
      There is one in Dublin Airport and Northwood Park, North Wood, Dublin 9. My friend and I were saying they are generally good value for money and cheap too. Definitely would generate tourism and business to the area. And most importantly create jobs too.
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

True...how much are they a night??? heres they average around $100 a night...meaning midweek can be $80/90 going to $130 at weekends depending on where they are.

Comment

T and I are looking for a hotel in Dublin for about 3 nights from October 1st any suggestions?
          I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

we used jurys, the ashling, a couple of the bewleys...but the ashling was probably the best...location wise, everything onsite (coffee food bar etc etc, and the service was great...and they arent very expensive....i think if i went without a car rental id go to the ashling, but if i had a car id go back to the bewleys at newlands cross...

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
              we used jurys, the ashling, a couple of the bewleys...but the ashling was probably the best...location wise, everything onsite (coffee food bar etc etc, and the service was great...and they arent very expensive....i think if i went without a car rental id go to the ashling, but if i had a car id go back to the bewleys at newlands cross...

Thanks Helen
              I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

im sure you and tina are doing excited happy dances..your trip is coming up soon....unfortunately i wont make it (( too much drama happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
                  T and I are looking for a hotel in Dublin for about 3 nights from October 1st any suggestions?
                  The Skylon in Drumcondra do good deals from time to time.

Comment

oh never thought of that.....we stayed there too..reason i took it off our list was every time we stayed there someone in the family died and we ended up extending our visits lol......now i know this had nothing to do with the hotel hahhaa

Comment

Working...
                    X