santry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• santry

can anyone remember the speedway track in santry i say it was up the lane at side of queensway furniture (there,s a pint on this) remember ronnie moore he was the big name at the time .After it closed down there was a biscuit factory there
    ANTO

Was it not where the Omni is now??
    It is what it is.

Comment

Do you mean speedway as in motorbike track or the old stock car racing track of which I used to love?

I do remember a motorcycle track down on the old road facing where Northside shopping centre is now.
      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

track

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
        Do you mean speedway as in motorbike track or the old stock car racing track of which I used to love?

I do remember a motorcycle track down on the old road facing where Northside shopping centre is now.
        motorbike cinder track

Comment

speedway

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
          Was it not where the Omni is now??
          no that was mc cairns motors

Comment

Originally posted by antmel View Post
            can anyone remember the speedway track in santry i say it was up the lane at side of queensway furniture (there,s a pint on this) remember ronnie moore he was the big name at the time .After it closed down there was a biscuit factory there
            ANTO
            Back in the ’50s there were four main speedway tracks in Dublin - Shelbourne Park, Harold’s Cross, Chapelizod and Santry.
            That from HERE.

At the age of 11 I was bitten by the speedway bug having being brought to a meeting in Santry, Dublin.
            That from HERE

I got them by doing a Google search for speedway santry. There's probably more.

Comment

was that the oval track? I used to race me Yammie there lol !!

Comment

What was the one where they had those demolition derbies I loved that.
                Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

the stock car track!! yeahhhhhh!

Comment

santry

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                    What was the one where they had those demolition derbies I loved that.
                    your all in the wrong place .your talking about santry stadium .And further up the road where the market is on saturday just beside m50 flyover ANTO

Comment

Anyone remember Kilroy's electronics in Santry. When I was a yummfella I used to spend my after school hours browsing in Peats of Parnell St. Occasionally I'd hop on the 16 bus and head out to Kilroys.

I even wore a anorak.
                      Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatsby View Post
                        Anyone remember Kilroy's electronics in Santry. When I was a yummfella I used to spend my after school hours browsing in Peats of Parnell St. Occasionally I'd hop on the 16 bus and head out to Kilroys.

I even wore a anorak.

Did you have a notebook and a selection of coloured pens, Ger?

Comment

Used to go there with my Da.He told us he was a champion speedway bike rider and we all believed him !! What kid wouldn't believe their Da. Don't really remember where it was just that it was up a laneway.

Comment

I even wore a anorak.
                            I worked for Ren-Tel and used to go there for TV parts and sometimes went to Peats.Now you just throw out your TV and buy a new one !!! Those were the days !!

Comment

I even wore a anorak.
                              I made my first crystal set from bits bought in Peats, and remember when my father used to bring me to their old shop in Denmark Street (I'm looking through the mists of time now so if that wasn't the street don't hold me to it).

Comment

Working...
                              X