Dublinforum.net - Forum  

Go Back   Dublinforum.net - Forum > Dublin Areas > Dubs Diaspora > The British Isle

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #541  
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM
KatieMorag's Avatar
KatieMorag KatieMorag is offline
Barnet Bugle - Eire correspondent
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barnet, UK
Posts: 8,717
Default

I'm on a service contract Dtw, so no call out charges.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #542  
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM
DAMNTHEWEATHER's Avatar
DAMNTHEWEATHER DAMNTHEWEATHER is offline
Silent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK on the coast
Posts: 26,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieMorag View Post
I'm on a service contract Dtw, so no call out charges.
Ahh well figgy duff ....Let's know what the snag is / was.
__________________
WELL SHIVER ME TIMBERS
pieces of eight pieces of eight
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #543  
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM
Vico2 Vico2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4,280
Default

I hope you get fixed up soon Katie, it is not a time of the year to be without your heat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #544  
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM
KatieMorag's Avatar
KatieMorag KatieMorag is offline
Barnet Bugle - Eire correspondent
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barnet, UK
Posts: 8,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico2 View Post
I hope you get fixed up soon Katie, it is not a time of the year to be without your heat.
well i think it's because of the weather it's not working.....it's a condenser boiler and apparently the condenser pipe can freeze up and it's really common.......I've tried pouring hot water over the pipe but it hasn't made a difference. Will just leave it till the engineer comes now.......
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #545  
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM
jembo's Avatar
jembo jembo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: here and there
Posts: 14,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieMorag View Post
well i think it's because of the weather it's not working.....it's a condenser boiler and apparently the condenser pipe can freeze up and it's really common.......I've tried pouring hot water over the pipe but it hasn't made a difference. Will just leave it till the engineer comes now.......
After you have it fixed try insulating the pipe to protect it from freezing? This usually works.
__________________
I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #546  
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM
KatieMorag's Avatar
KatieMorag KatieMorag is offline
Barnet Bugle - Eire correspondent
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barnet, UK
Posts: 8,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jembo View Post
After you have it fixed try insulating the pipe to protect it from freezing? This usually works.
yes, i'm thinking of doing that, Jembo.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright dublinforum.net 2009 - all rights reserved