Gardening .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening .

Have noticed over the years , gardens going to ruin .
    Some years back they were well kept and maintained , but with the passage of time they have either been left overgrowing or torn out and replaced with cement / cobbling , pity really .

Different generation with no interest , or no time . ?

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
    Some years back they were well kept and maintained , but with the passage of time they have either been left overgrowing or torn out and replaced with cement / cobbling , pity really .

Choice.........
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      Choice.........
      Left my lot in charge for a few years......there are two Greenhouses under there (you can see one in the Picture)
      Attached Files

Comment

Left my lot in charge for a few years......there are two Greenhouses under there (you can see one in the Picture)
        Instead of doing my garden my son was busy with this.....

No, not Tracy our friendly neighbour.....he built his kit-car in my garage....
        Attached Files

Comment

I thought I might get some artificial grass for a small part of the garden. At present it is a circle of paving stones. I try to have a low maintenance garden because I have Arthritis in my hands, so it is mostly gravel with a few flower bed around the edge and a circle of plant in the middle which my son built. I don't know what I will change that to yet.

So has anybody tried the artificial grass. I am told if you buy the expensive one, it is realistic, but I would like to hear it from somebody who has tried it. Any takers?

Comment

I wouldn't say no interest, you only have to visit the super sized garden centres like Jones of Donabate and The Orchard in Celbridge. Just that you find with front gardens in built up areas its about extra parking space these days with many families having 2 and more cars. Pity do, as all that cement and paving means that water runs off the surface faster leading to an increased flood risk in many towns.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
              I wouldn't say no interest, you only have to visit the super sized garden centres like Jones of Donabate and The Orchard in Celbridge. Just that you find with front gardens in built up areas its about extra parking space these days with many families having 2 and more cars. Pity do, as all that cement and paving means that water runs off the surface faster leading to an increased flood risk in many towns.
              Heard it mentioned that people may have to apply for P.P. when doing so .....down the road now , for that reason .

Comment

Heard it mentioned that people may have to apply for P.P. when doing so .....down the road now , for that reason .
                The should have been getting planning permission for quite a few years but very few bothered. If you want to sell some people find they have to apply for retention permission for removing portions of garden walls and paving front gardens = porches etc.

Comment

I love the garden but it is difficult to keep up with it if you work all week, front garden is gone a very long time, before 1971, my father made a driveway but died before he got a car.
                  It takes all my time to cut the hedge in the back garden, but still prefer it to all the walls and fences. Lots of birds, bees, ladybirds and insects around the hedge. I find it very relaxing to potter about in the garden even if my rheumatism prevents me from doing all that I want or need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                    I love the garden but it is difficult to keep up with it if you work all week, front garden is gone a very long time, before 1971, my father made a driveway but died before he got a car.
                    It takes all my time to cut the hedge in the back garden, but still prefer it to all the walls and fences. Lots of birds, bees, ladybirds and insects around the hedge. I find it very relaxing to potter about in the garden even if my rheumatism prevents me from doing all that I want or need to do.
                    Keep going Breda for as long as you can manage.....I always had a wild bit in my garden for the wildlife...
                    Except in bad weather, whenever I came home it was straight through the house and into the garden.....Besides what you see in my picture there was decking and another Patio for all to sit out there....The picture was taken seven years after I left there...My lot just used the house as a transit camp, with my son using my garage/workshop to build his hobbies...Under that Russian vine there is a big greenhouse, I had a smaller on at the top on the left.....I also did my mother-in-laws garden, she lives in a Bungalow just three doors away and was an invalid since an accident in the early 80's.....She spent most of her time around ours......It was also used for Brownie projects as my late Mrs ran the village brownies...''(screaming girls)......

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                      I thought I might get some artificial grass for a small part of the garden. At present it is a circle of paving stones. I try to have a low maintenance garden because I have Arthritis in my hands, so it is mostly gravel with a few flower bed around the edge and a circle of plant in the middle which my son built. I don't know what I will change that to yet.

So has anybody tried the artificial grass. I am told if you buy the expensive one, it is realistic, but I would like to hear it from somebody who has tried it. Any takers?
                      That fake grass is brilliant.....my neighbour covered his back lawn in it......looks great......id get it tomorrow but HQ1 doesnt like it....but i keep a good lawn, all laid from scratch and grown from seed. Just be sure about your final choice of colour....its not cheap to find yer not too keen once its down:-)
                      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Keep going Breda for as long as you can manage.....I always had a wild bit in my garden for the wildlife...
                        Except in bad weather, whenever I came home it was straight through the house and into the garden.....Besides what you see in my picture there was decking and another Patio for all to sit out there....The picture was taken seven years after I left there...My lot just used the house as a transit camp, with my son using my garage/workshop to build his hobbies...Under that Russian vine there is a big greenhouse, I had a smaller on at the top on the left.....I also did my mother-in-laws garden, she lives in a Bungalow just three doors away and was an invalid since an accident in the early 80's.....She spent most of her time around ours......It was also used for Brownie projects as my late Mrs ran the village brownies...''(screaming girls)......
                        We sowed an area of wild flowers in my sons garden and it is looking very good, also sowed sunflowers, peppers, pumpkins, pettypan squash, Coriander, chilli, and lemon seeds. Not ll doing well but all still alive so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                          That fake grass is brilliant.....my neighbour covered his back lawn in it......looks great......id get it tomorrow but HQ1 doesnt like it....but i keep a good lawn, all laid from scratch and grown from seed. Just be sure about your final choice of colour....its not cheap to find yer not too keen once its down:-)

Thanks a mill DW

Comment

Just a few of my potted plants.
                            Attached Files
                            I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                            Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

More
                              Attached Files
                              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Working...
                              X