Quoting Skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoting Skills

I still can't post multiple quotes. I can't highlight parts of quotes. Now there's a new one - Cogs highlighted one word in a reply to me on the Postbox thread and it took me to the Barnet Bugle. How do people do these things?
    Let's start with multiquotes (or whatever it's called), ie when someone quotes more than one poster in their replies. Can someone explain how to do that with really simple step-by-step instructions?

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    I still can't post multiple quotes. I can't highlight parts of quotes. Now there's a new one - Cogs highlighted one word in a reply to me on the Postbox thread and it took me to the Barnet Bugle. How do people do these things?
    Let's start with multiquotes (or whatever it's called), ie when someone quotes more than one poster in their replies. Can someone explain how to do that with really simple step-by-step instructions?
    The video but it gives a general idea of how multi quote works.

Last edited by Napper Tandy; 26-08-2016, 12:21 PM. Reason: Better vid

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post

Thanks Napper. Will take a look.

Comment

Okay I'm lost already. The forum on the video has a facility where you can click a + sign on each quote......this forum doesn't.......

Comment

Okay I'm lost already. The forum on the video has a facility where you can click a + sign on each quote......this forum doesn't.......
          click on the quote sign on the bottom right, the background turns orange when you selected, then scroll down to the next post and do the same, then hit print preview and you should see multi quotes in the print preview.

Comment

Found the quote icon and clicked on it but where's "print preview"?

Comment

Found the quote icon and clicked on it but where's "print preview"?
              Sorry I should have said preview post, just right beside submit post tab

Comment

click on the quote sign on the bottom right, the background turns orange when you selected, then scroll down to the next post and do the same, then hit print preview and you should see multi quotes in the print preview.

Okay, think I've done it now.

Comment

Oh wow, it worked! Thanks Napper. Forget the videos, just posting simple instructions works best.

Comment

i cant do that either....so im happy to see this question arise..

i'll look later and figure it out..

Comment

Oh wow, it worked! Thanks Napper. Forget the videos, just posting simple instructions works best.
                      Ok so you want to know how to do hyperlinks? the blue writing in Cogs post that led you to the Barnet Bugle thread.
                      • Open a new post
                      • Type out your post then highlight the word in your text that you wish to insert the link in
                      • Open another window, find and copy the url address that you wish to direct posters to. Then go back to your unfinished post
                      • Then on the top menu just below a smiley face on the tool bar is an icon of the earth with a chain link image on it. That's the one for insert links
                      • Click on it and a pop up box will appear asking you to "please enter the URL of your link"
                      • Clear the box below this message and paste your url and click ok
                      • Hit Preview Post and the word you selected for the link should look like what I posted below. Just to double check click on it in Preview Post and it should lead you to the url
                      • Submit Post

Here

Comment

Ok so you want to know how to do hyperlinks? the blue writing in Cogs post that led you to the Barnet Bugle thread.
                        • Open a new post
                        • Type out your post then highlight the word in your text that you wish to insert the link in
                        • Open another window, find and copy the url address that you wish to direct posters to. Then go back to your unfinished post
                        • Then on the top menu just below a smiley face on the tool bar is an icon of the earth with a chain link image on it. That's the one for insert links
                        • Click on it and a pop up box will appear asking you to "please enter the URL of your link"
                        • Clear the box below this message and paste your url and click ok
                        • Hit Preview Post and the word you selected for the link should look like what I posted below. Just to double check click on it in Preview Post and it should lead you to the url
                        • Submit Post

Here
                        will have to try this out.....thanks again NT.......

Comment

she sells sea shells by the sea shore...

testing one

Comment

Yay napper your a blooming genuis..ive been trying to do this for ages......thanks so much for the clear concise instructions...(the others werent lol..) yippee

Comment

Going to try it now - I have Napper's instructions open in another window so I can refer back to them......

Comment

Working...
                              X