This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurling Final .....

Galway 4/6 ---- Limerick 13/8 ------Draw 9/1 .

As a neutral I would like to see Limerick win ………..after extra time or replay, as I'm going to have a nibble on the draw .

Comment

• A ticket for anywhere in Croke Park on Sunday would be greatly appreciated
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Dinny, have you tried ringing a few of the culchie Centra stores?

Comment

• Originally posted by bettyl View Post
          Dinny, have you tried ringing a few of the culchie Centra stores?
          Bettyl.......No tickets go on sale to the general public......they are all distributed to clubs only......every club in the country get issued with tickets.....My local would get about 50 tickets.......and they have 3,500 club members
          Last edited by dinny; 28-08-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• DUBLIN BE DAMNED! Who dare say UP THE DUBS!

A book that is popular with Tyrone fans these days is one I saw in Alan Hanna's bookshop today. According to the bookshop there is a big demand for it from over the border! It's called - DUBLIN BE DAMNED - Discovering a Heroic City, Surviving a Hidden City. and the Tyrone fans like the DUBLIN BE DAMNED title.

It's also available in the usual outlets and also on Amazon. It's written by that local historian Maurice Curtis who wrote on the Liberties and Monto etc.

Not only does he look at some of the great areas of Dublin including Monto, Hell, the Liberties, Temple Bar etc, but he also looks at many of the great characters of the city ranging from Zozimus, Dublin's 'Invisible Prince, the 'Monarch of the Liberties' , Bang Bang, the 'Shaking Hand of Dublin' etc.

Moreover, the story will bring you back to our younger more mischievous days - he used to play football in Mount Jerome cemetery using skulls as football! According to the book HEFFO was once approached and offered a pig's bladder covered skull to be used as a football to toughen up the Dubs - Playing with Skulls they called it.

Anyway the lads used the skulls as footballs and which was often followed by a flagon of cider and a game of Skulls and Roses on the coffins in the vaults.

Read this book at your peril!

Comment

• You can all stop looking for a ticket for me.....just got one for Hill 16......to say i'm delighted is an understatement

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                You can all stop looking for a ticket for me.....just got one for Hill 16......to say i'm delighted is an understatement
                Also got my ticket

Comment

• Glad for the both of ye , Rasher - Dinny .

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
                    Also got my ticket
                    Never knew you went to Dubs matches Rasher

Comment

Never knew you went to Dubs matches Rasher
                      Only the home ones

Comment

You can all stop looking for a ticket for me.....just got one for Hill 16......to say i'm delighted is an understatement
                        So happy for you, the atmosphere on the Hill will be electric COYBIB

Comment

• Originally posted by bettyl View Post
                          So happy for you, the atmosphere on the Hill will be electric COYBIB
                          Thanks Bettyl

Comment

• 17/1 the draw .......come on the pair of them .

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                              17/1 the draw .......come on the pair of them .
                              Great odds ...TB

Comment

Great odds ...TB
                                Deffo worth a little flutter me thinks ..........just for added interest .

Comment

Working...
                                X