This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collins quitting 'Corrie'

Michelle Collins is quitting 'Coronation Street'.

The 51-year-old actress – who plays Rovers Return landlady Stella Price in the soap – wants to spend more time with her 15-year-old daughter Maia and is finding the commute from London to Manchester and back too tough.

MORE......
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
      Michelle Collins is quitting 'Coronation Street'.

The 51-year-old actress – who plays Rovers Return landlady Stella Price in the soap – wants to spend more time with her 15-year-old daughter Maia and is finding the commute from London to Manchester and back too tough.

MORE......
      Rashers You folks are ahead of us in the U.K. I loved Sellla,One of the best On that show. I never miss watching it.They seem to be killing of to many at the moment.

Comment

I am finding the terry/tommy/tina storyline quite boring...a bit like EastEnders,
        gangsters etc....but am quite gripped by the Eileen/Paul/Lesley dilemma....Lesley is going to die this week, (which seems a bit convenient) but what do Corriewatchers think about the storyline in general? Do you have
        sympathy for Eileen?

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
          I am finding the terry/tommy/tina storyline quite boring...a bit like EastEnders,
          gangsters etc....but am quite gripped by the Eileen/Paul/Lesley dilemma....Lesley is going to die this week, (which seems a bit convenient) but what do Corriewatchers think about the storyline in general? Do you have
          sympathy for Eileen?
          I agree about the terry/tommy/tina saga... and now tyrone is getting involved. The storyline is amateurish. Terry was thinking of murdering Tina in the hospital? Ah c'mon producers/writers... we've seen it all in the old B movies.

The death of Leslie is far too convenient. And I doubt if I know a woman who would get herself involved with Leslie, even to going to the extent of allowing him and his wife move in.

They're stretching credibility....

Comment

I agree about the terry/tommy/tina saga... and now tyrone is getting involved. The storyline is amateurish. Terry was thinking of murdering Tina in the hospital? Ah c'mon producers/writers... we've seen it all in the old B movies.

The death of Leslie is far too convenient. And I doubt if I know a woman who would get herself involved with Leslie, even to going to the extent of allowing him and his wife move in.

They're stretching credibility....
            Think you mean getting involved with Paul there, Rashers....but I don't agree..
            when Eileen met Paul, and fell for him, she had no idea about the situation with Lesley....and you can't help who you fall for. I'm sure this kind of situation exists in reality and that they've done their research....I remember a friend of mine, whose mother was an invalid; her father apparently had
            "someone else"......perhaps sometimes "in sickness and in health" is a very hard thing to do.......

Comment

Think you mean getting involved with Paul there, Rashers....but I don't agree..
              when Eileen met Paul, and fell for him, she had no idea about the situation with Lesley....and you can't help who you fall for. I'm sure this kind of situation exists in reality and that they've done their research....I remember a friend of mine, whose mother was an invalid; her father apparently had
              "someone else"......perhaps sometimes "in sickness and in health" is a very hard thing to do.......
              I agree Katie, there are all sorts of love, and sometimes a person needs something different from different people, physical love and emotional love are very different............ if you love someone for both reasons then that is the ideal............... but that doesnt always happen, we are all human, not superhuman
              https://www.facebook.com/#!/rocknrollrockabilly

Comment

What in God's name does Sunita see in that Karl from the pub? Total waste
                of space.....mind you the alternative is Dev.......

Comment

What in God's name does Sunita see in that Karl from the pub? Total waste
                  of space.....mind you the alternative is Dev.......
                  Dev seems to be away a lot, playing golf or something. Maybe Sunita is feeling neglected.

Comment

Dev seems to be away a lot, playing golf or something. Maybe Sunita is feeling neglected.
                    Judging from the attention she's getting from Karl,she's far from being neglected. Still, she's giving as good as she gets!!
                    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

yes....perhaps it's a case of any port in a storm.

Comment

i was utterly disgusted with the way they portrayed leslie's dementia. I recently atttended the funeral of a friend with the disease and it was totally the opposite of leslies - the lady was quiet and submissive and far from raising awareness, the producers in the street have frightened so many people

There is more than one form of this - Alzhimers (spelling) dementia and others

Corrie had the chance to educate but went for the ratings. Shame on them

Sunita is a sluh'!

Comment

I did think it was a little innappropriate for Eileen to attend lesley's funeral...
                          and they made her sister out to be a total cow....

Comment

Hold onto your seats Corry fans... major drama on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Biddy View Post
                              i was utterly disgusted with the way they portrayed leslie's dementia. I recently atttended the funeral of a friend with the disease and it was totally the opposite of leslies - the lady was quiet and submissive and far from raising awareness, the producers in the street have frightened so many people

There is more than one form of this - Alzhimers (spelling) dementia and others

Corrie had the chance to educate but went for the ratings. Shame on them

Sunita is a sluh'!
                              I suppose they had to make lesley difficult to care for as otherwise paul wouldn't have had such a problem with it.....hence no storyline. I was more
                              annoyed several years ago when Mike Baldwin had it and within a few months
                              died.....that is not the reality of this disease.

Comment

it is up to the government , the office of public information, and the nhs.....to provide information about health etc......not a television soap show....and that should be made clear...
                                Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X