Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post

Stop the waffling please ffs!!
    I am sad that you missed all your history lessons.....It is never too late to learn ..

Please don't try and learn it from novels as you and see by your mate's ignorance it is not a great idea....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      nowhere on the whole of the www does Grozny translate as Awesome.....apart from one mensh of it in the urban slang dictionary.....now stop gobshiting it's Dubs yer talkin to.

Oh an by the way nowhere on the whole of the www does Grozny translate as Awesome.....apart from one mensh of it in the urban slang dictionary

Isn't it funny that when ye quote a dissected post in reply it brings everything together again.....funny ole thing eh.
      I can't wait for you to learn about actual history......I am looking forward to having a serious discussion with someone who has studied the facts......

I am very patient so in the meantime your frequent rendition of those words made famous by the ''fab-Four'' will suffice....

''Yeah Yeah Yeah''........

As a Siberian may say when they want you to go with the flow.....''You're an ''Obshoite''.....You will never learn about the ''Taiga'' as you never ''Sticks'' to the facts......

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
        I am sad that you missed all your history lessons.....It is never too late to learn ..

Please don't try and learn it from novels as you and see by your mate's ignorance it is not a great idea....
        Excuser me I did History in school, passed it in the Inter Cert (cant remember the grade at the mo).

No ned for you to be sad about it is there??
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
          Excuser me I did History in school, passed it in the Inter Cert (cant remember the grade at the mo).

No ned for you to be sad about it is there??
          Thank you....I am now delighted that you know very little about Irish History.....Well done!!!!

Comment

OK .....Q .....may we have your interpretation of this interesting topic?
            TAOISEACH Enda Kenny got diplomatic support from the Russians last night -- and they even claimed there is proof Soviet leader Vladimir Lenin spoke English with an Irish accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Rossiter View Post
              OK .....Q .....may we have your interpretation of this interesting topic?
              https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-26890316.html
              Nick I would not be interested in your link to a Newspaper.....

Fairly recently there was a terrorist outrage where a van crashed into people coming from a Mosque in Finsbury Park area in London.....

That took place a mere stones throw from Blackstock Road when the Bolsheviks and Mensheviks met in the early years of the 20th Century....

The result of that meeting was the ''Bloody revolution'' that took place later.....

Comment

Grozny translates as ''awesome''.
                No it does not ....tell me where I can find it on the net or in a book even....It's complete nonsense....and you cant show one shred of evidence to back yerself up on it.....bar yer jaw.
                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

No it does not ....tell me where I can find it on the net or in a book even....It's complete nonsense....and you cant show one shred of evidence to back yerself up on it.....bar yer jaw.
                  There is no need whatsoever for me to translate the Russian language.....

It has been in existence for hundreds of Years....even before the Kievin Rus used it....

Now go away and learn a bit of history, you may then be able to converse with myself and those in the know...

Comment

OK , let's try to put this to bed , the exact English translation of grozny / грозный is formidable , the Russians in everyday speech use grozny as terrible.
                    If you look at the synonyms for formidable in the Oxford dictionary/thesaurus you will find these
                    intimidating, forbidding, redoubtable, daunting, alarming, frightening, terrifying, petrifying, horrifying, chilling, disturbing, disquieting, dreadful, brooding, awesome, fearsome, ominous, foreboding, sinister, menacing, mean-looking, threatening, dangerous
                    .......and as you can see they include the word awesome !

This has led to many discussions on the subject......see below.

The English word terrible is usually used to translate the Russian word grozny in Ivan's nickname, but the modern English usage of terrible, with a pejorative connotation of bad or evil, does not precisely represent the intended meaning. Grozny's meaning is closer to the original usage of terrible—inspiring fear or terror, dangerous (as in Old English in one's danger), formidable, threatening, or awesome. Perhaps a translation closer to the intended sense would be Ivan the Fearsome, or Ivan the Formidable

Comment

OK , let's try to put this to bed , the exact English translation of grozny / грозный is formidable , the Russians in everyday speech use grozny as terrible.
                      If you look at the synonyms for formidable in the Oxford dictionary/thesaurus you will find these
                      intimidating, forbidding, redoubtable, daunting, alarming, frightening, terrifying, petrifying, horrifying, chilling, disturbing, disquieting, dreadful, brooding, awesome, fearsome, ominous, foreboding, sinister, menacing, mean-looking, threatening, dangerous
                      .......and as you can see they include the word awesome !

This has led to many discussions on the subject......see below.

The English word terrible is usually used to translate the Russian word grozny in Ivan's nickname, but the modern English usage of terrible, with a pejorative connotation of bad or evil, does not precisely represent the intended meaning. Grozny's meaning is closer to the original usage of terrible—inspiring fear or terror, dangerous (as in Old English in one's danger), formidable, threatening, or awesome. Perhaps a translation closer to the intended sense would be Ivan the Fearsome, or Ivan the Formidable

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ty-rise-russia
                      Nice one Nick .....I see the word awsome is so far removed it can hardly even get a look in....thanks very much.....I will take the rest up with my Russian expert Quinner.....jayziz he musta spent some time in that library to find 'awsome' in amongst all that hay.
                      Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 06-02-2018, 09:51 AM.
                      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Nice one Nick .....I see the word awsome is so far removed it can hardly even get a look in....thanks very much.....I will take the rest up with my Russian expert Quinner.....jayziz he musta spent some time in that library to find 'awsome' in amongst all that hay.
                        Doing your EU denial of facts again.....Now who would have thought that.....

Now you must go and spend some time reading actual history......Making a bigger fool of your good self daily is getting boring.......

Now, when is Ireland going to become an independent country.....Just as Pearse proclaimed it to be.....

Collins walked away and gave away.........Even the EU cannot hide that fact....

Comment

I get more and more amazed every day about how little you actually know about the English language......

You don't even know how to use a Dictionary..........

Now get out of your schoolboy ways and learn.....please.....

They use a special word in Russia to describe the annual arrival of the muddy period......That word brilliantly describes your brain.....

When it comes to history........Quinner is the ''awesome one''........

Comment

Nick I would not be interested in your link to a Newspaper.....

Fairly recently there was a terrorist outrage where a van crashed into people coming from a Mosque in Finsbury Park area in London.....

That took place a mere stones throw from Blackstock Road when the Bolsheviks and Mensheviks met in the early years of the 20th Century....

The result of that meeting was the ''Bloody revolution'' that took place later.....
                            Q , I just added this link as I noticed that you kept mentioning Michael Collins, so I made the wrong assumption that you may be interested in this.
                            I fail to understand the reason you decided to link this to an atrocity !

Comment

Q , I just added this link as I noticed that you kept mentioning Michael Collins, so I made the wrong assumption that you may be interested in this.
                              I fail to understand the reason you decided to link this to an atrocity !
                              Killing and maiming any people is an atrocity......

Comment

Back to ''Krasny Square''........

Red because of the ''Reds and whites'' or red because is it ''awesome''.....

Comment

Working...
                                X