Would you ?? .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you ?? .

Boeing are contemplating the possibility of pilotless aircraft , in all honesty , would even think about boarding one .

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
    Boeing are contemplating the possibility of pilotless aircraft , in all honesty , would even think about boarding one .
    I'm fairly sure I've travelled in pilotless trains in Frankfurt and the Docklands in London without any issues.... driverless cars though I still have a problem with.
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

well im almost certain too i travelled to calgary with a pilotless plane...the pilot gary seemed to spend the trip walking up and down the plane telling jokes now and then breaking into song and dance....we passengers were almost certain he was stoned or drunk and when the plane finally hit calgary those of us continuing the journey let out a sigh of relief and some stopped praying cos we discovered we had a new Pilot...Bob.

during Garys watch the plane bounced up and down.....several of the passengers thro up......and the staff handed out sick bags....the lights were on for almost all the trip and every time the staff attempted to serve drinks or food they had to wheel the cart back in and grab a seat....worst flight of my entire life.....

so no...i dont think id risk that again haha

Comment

Doubt if this [if ever] will be in our days , but if it dose come to pass , not a bleedin hope of me entertaining it .

Down the road it may be the norm for a different generation alright .

Sure ever though we would see the day of a 1 man bus .

Comment

It's the next step up from Autopilot I guess.....as most of the flight is controlled by computer anyway....except for take off...and most landings....but a fair number of landings are done on auto.

Would I fancy it ?....not now....but maybe later on when it's a (successful) norm.
          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

When I had my Yacht, I sailed Her using Autopilot,also controlled by Laptop Computer,pump in the cordinates and away I would go,check every 30mins to see was she still on course
            I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
              When I had my Yacht, I sailed Her using Autopilot,also controlled by Laptop Computer,pump in the cordinates and away I would go,check every 30mins to see was she still on course

Would not chance it, computers can go wrong too and if that happens and there is no pilot to over ride it, where are the passengers ,left

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                well im almost certain too i travelled to calgary with a pilotless plane...the pilot gary seemed to spend the trip walking up and down the plane telling jokes now and then breaking into song and dance....we passengers were almost certain he was stoned or drunk and when the plane finally hit calgary those of us continuing the journey let out a sigh of relief and some stopped praying cos we discovered we had a new Pilot...Bob.

during Garys watch the plane bounced up and down.....several of the passengers thro up......and the staff handed out sick bags....the lights were on for almost all the trip and every time the staff attempted to serve drinks or food they had to wheel the cart back in and grab a seat....worst flight of my entire life.....

so no...i dont think id risk that again haha

MK that sounds more like a nightmare than a flight. How much weight did you lose during the journey

Comment

well no weight..but a lota temper Vic.....the guy beside me took total advantage of the situation to decide to hold my leg lol....so you can imagine how that ended up for him hahhahahhahha.... it was so bad i honestly wanted to rent a car in moosejaw and drive back but the fact that i almost committed suicide accidentally (or got willie arrested for murder) one or the other made me think it would be a good idea to get home asap lol

Comment

You live an eventful life MK

Comment

the drama never stops lol

Comment

You should write a book and make some money out of it all

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                          Would not chance it, computers can go wrong too and if that happens and there is no pilot to over ride it, where are the passengers ,left
                          All aircraft have two puters in case one crashes.
                          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                            All aircraft have two puters in case one crashes.
                            Too late to use the other as they will both crash at the same time......
                            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

No, too easy to hack.

Comment

Working...
                              X