Drumcondra.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    Smoofs..oh my god this is a name from the past...i think i heard someone talking about it..way way before my time though......(never went there hehehheheh)
    It was in Homefarm Road - in the hall behind Corpus Christi church.

Comment

The church hall was originally the garden of one of the priests attached to Corpus Christie church, I would see Fr O Keefe read his prayers in that garden , ironic that it went from a peacefull setting to 300 watts of Tears of a clown by Smokey Robinson . I often thought he would turn in his grave. One of the originaters of Smoofs lives on Walsh road, his brother who was also involved lives not to far from me in Sydney.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Been there many times nanny hehe

Comment

Been there many times nanny hehe
            So it was you.......hmmmmmm

Comment

and while on the subject who did you screw to get your own section when cabra has to share with glasnevin?? glasnevin? what an insult to us caberians

Comment

and while on the subject who did you screw to get your own section when cabra has to share with glasnevin?? glasnevin? what an insult to us caberians
                Excusez Moi Madame......Je do not - how you say - screw avec les moderators....je avez class and -how you also say - pull

Comment

well i donno....something went down..

Comment

Hey, what's the story here, is there no one from the North side on the Forum, anyway I have read that the old Whitehall Station is to become the new City Morgue . I have a good story about that building, many years ago while playing street football , the game was interrupted by the appearance of the local squad car, and naturally we all scarpered down the nearby lanes, unfortunately I had left my jacket on the ground as it formed one of the goalposts, when we returned my jacket was gone. After considering if I could bear the loss I realised my Motorcycle keys were in my pocket, so the brave decision was made to go to the station and get my jacket back. After some discussion the desk person gave me back my jacket, with the comment by the look of you, you will never make it as a footballer, of course with great dignity I replied, by the look of you, you will never make an inspector and then beat a hasty retreat. a few years after I was involved is a serious enough accident on my Motorcycle and ended up in the Richmond Hospital. sometime later while in Hospital I received several summonses ref this accident, by the way no one else was injured in the accident. Some time passed and the person called to the house and informed me all the summonses were dropped ( all was okay ref Tax / Insurance) . Many years later while coming from Croke Park carrying a large flag, I got a tap on the shoulder and was amazed to see it was the chap that had looked after all those summonses. It was great to meet him and I certainly hope he went on to be an inspector or better in his chosen career, I will never forget him for his help to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Malone View Post
                      Hey, what's the story here, is there no one from the North side on the Forum, anyway I have read that the old Whitehall Station is to become the new City Morgue . I have a good story about that building, many years ago while playing street football , the game was interrupted by the appearance of the local squad car, and naturally we all scarpered down the nearby lanes, unfortunately I had left my jacket on the ground as it formed one of the goalposts, when we returned my jacket was gone. After considering if I could bear the loss I realised my Motorcycle keys were in my pocket, so the brave decision was made to go to the station and get my jacket back. After some discussion the desk person gave me back my jacket, with the comment by the look of you, you will never make it as a footballer, of course with great dignity I replied, by the look of you, you will never make an inspector and then beat a hasty retreat. a few years after I was involved is a serious enough accident on my Motorcycle and ended up in the Richmond Hospital. sometime later while in Hospital I received several summonses ref this accident, by the way no one else was injured in the accident. Some time passed and the person called to the house and informed me all the summonses were dropped ( all was okay ref Tax / Insurance) . Many years later while coming from Croke Park carrying a large flag, I got a tap on the shoulder and was amazed to see it was the chap that had looked after all those summonses. It was great to meet him and I certainly hope he went on to be an inspector or better in his chosen career, I will never forget him for his help to me.
                      Great story M.

With all the debate about Gardai sorting tickets and summonses, this shows us another aspect of the issue. Sometimes, it's not so bad to turn a blind eye......

Comment

Here's the very scene of the crime M.......
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi N
                          Thing is it was an accident, I did not do anything wrong, a bloody dog ran out in front of me, it was a matter of form these were issued, still he looked after them.

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
                            Here's the very scene of the crime M.......
                            don't I know it LOL

Comment

Have you any old photos of Drumcondra?

Comment

Originally posted by nansson View Post
                                Have you any old photos of Drumcondra?
                                No unfortunatley not, their all in my head, another poster Mark has some great info on another site.

Comment

Working...
                                X