Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great photos auld.

Comment

twelve years ago...i was in dublin looking for an old friend....there was a woman at the door of one of those house on the left.....i asked her, and lo and behold, she gave me the persons phone number.....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
        twelve years ago...i was in dublin looking for an old friend....there was a woman at the door of one of those house on the left.....i asked her, and lo and behold, she gave me the persons phone number.....
        Psychic?
        Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
          Psychic?
          i knew she had worked for the council in thomas court many years......

she had moved from watling street to lucan.....

Comment

i knew she had worked for the council in thomas court many years......

she had moved from watling street to lucan.....
            i had been trying to find her for two weeks....i met her the next day...we had a meal......then i got the ferry back to holyhead.......drove till i was tired..ended up in the bristol area.....and i am still here.....

my wild rover days are now over.....

Comment

off thread but a simular story, to cut it short, i was in dublin trying to find my grandfathers army history, i arrainged to meet a man i`d never met before , we had a beer and two days later he handed me my grandads six medals from the boer war and ww1.
              in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                off thread but a simular story, to cut it short, i was in dublin trying to find my grandfathers army history, i arrainged to meet a man i`d never met before , we had a beer and two days later he handed me my grandads six medals from the boer war and ww1.
                My mother's father was in the Boer War and my father's father was in the British Army all through WW1 and after that in Russia. Dunno what happened to their medals though.
                Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

Great pics Auld.My mother bought me my first pair of jeans in Frawleys on Thomas St.Earlier that day I had a few teeth extracted in the dental clinic in Cornmarket.The jeans were something of a consolation prize for me.

Comment

Originally posted by paudge View Post
                    Great pics Auld.My mother bought me my first pair of jeans in Frawleys on Thomas St.Earlier that day I had a few teeth extracted in the dental clinic in Cornmarket.The jeans were something of a consolation prize for me.
                    Oh, that brings back memories - the dental clinic! I had four back teeth removed under gas when I was about ten. Didn't get a pair of jeans though. : (

Comment

I was born in 1948 and we lived at 69 thomas street,there used
                      to be a shop called traceys near johns lane church were we
                      got our sweets.a woman called doolan lived beside us she sold
                      fruit outside all the football grounds

Comment

Originally posted by boxman View Post
                        Psychic?
                        no Catholic!

Comment

Hi Rasher,I'm sure you were a member of Thomas St Library.I joined when I was about 11 or 12.I loved the Billy Bunter books and The Famous Five.The girl who was in charge was fair haired,in her 20s.Cant remember her name,we addressed her as Miss as you would back then in the 50s.

Comment

Julian, Dick, Anne, George and Timmy the dog, off on another spiffing adventure!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Fair play to you Auld ya got the names spot on.Of course George was in fact Georgina,dressed and acted like a boy and shortened her name to George.All that went over our heads then but looking back was Enid Blython telling us Georgina was ''different''?

Comment

Originally posted by paudge View Post
                                Fair play to you Auld ya got the names spot on.Of course George was in fact Georgina,dressed and acted like a boy and shortened her name to George.All that went over our heads then but looking back was Enid Blython telling us Georgina was ''different''?
                                I don't know about that, I kinda liked George the rebel - Anne was so namby-pamby. But questions were asked about Noddy and Big Ears. Over the years, Noddy had to stop sharing a bed with Big Ears, and they no longer write about him enjoying ‘gay times in the woods’.

Comment

Working...
                                X