Home Improvements/ DIY Advice/Gardening Tips/ Cleaning/Cooking Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigby View Post
    it is a good idea if you have a plumber in the house to ask where the stop valves are for different pipes, my house has so many
    son got his all marked

I'll have a look around for the plumber....but I think I'd have noticed if we
    did have one...lol

thanks for the advice re the stop valves, i'll do that......
    Last edited by Guest; 16-08-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

oh god marie the pad is still there we're going to build a deck over it...i'll take a bunch of photos of the garden today and post them here.......its a work in progress.......grass is going in today and a gazebo is being made for over the hottub....then flower beds...it was a complete mess..........but its taking shape now thank god and the good thing is i can have coffee on it every morning and plan the next lota jobs lol..

i had a similar situation katie....turned out though id done something with some tap under the sink.....id screwed it too tight.....thing is our water system doesnt come from a tank upstairs so its a bit different...

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
        oh god marie the pad is still there we're going to build a deck over it...i'll take a bunch of photos of the garden today and post them here.......its a work in progress.......grass is going in today and a gazebo is being made for over the hottub....then flower beds...it was a complete mess..........but its taking shape now thank god and the good thing is i can have coffee on it every morning and plan the next lota jobs lol..

i had a similar situation katie....turned out though id done something with some tap under the sink.....id screwed it too tight.....thing is our water system doesnt come from a tank upstairs so its a bit different...
        mine doesn't either since we got the combi-boiler. anyway it seems okay
        at the moment.

Comment

aww thats good...you heard about my worst plumbing experience......? end of story was the plumber recommended i get a priest in hehe

Comment

aww thats good...you heard about my worst plumbing experience......? end of story was the plumber recommended i get a priest in hehe
            Helen,if your luck is like mine you need an excorcist,not a priest! roflmao

Comment

well i think the plumber was hoping the priest might do an exorcism hehe...i had this funny noise coming from under the sink for a full week (i thought...neighbors agreed)...willie was away...so eventually got a plumber...no plumbing problem....he suggested an electrician...$65 an hour for these guys.....noise never stopped and now i was so terrified i was sleeping in the bed with all the kids...never slept a wink listening to the noise...plumber back took everything apart...listening to the noise as he worked hehe...it was loud.....i decided at this point we should move......out fast lol..so im whining to willie and threatening to move into a hotel that night...sooooooo he decided to fly home that night and leave his meetings early.....so 3 hrs later........ the bastard marie, walks in....stops in the hallway....listens...marches right into the kitchen lifts a chair i had in a corner...kicks out this kids toy from under it.....end of noise...it was one of those noise makers hehee...i slept for 3 days straight sos i wouldnt have to listen to him whining hehe

Comment

well you know my garden and house is a work in progress....what was supposed to be a downsize relaxing move turned into a huge fecking project.....heres a couple of photos of the back garden in progress....the house had to be dug completely up in the past two months....the evestrought and roof is brand new as is the windows...and the back door just went in two weeks ago................the deck is new....and since these photos theres a rail gone on it today....the grass has been laid....but theres a ton of other jobs scheduled this week......its still a frickin mess ...
                Attached Files

Comment

I remember a few years back, bringing our little dog to the vet because we could hear him 'yelping' every now and then, for no reason. The vet could find nothing wrong with him.

When I got home, the wife said to me that the 'yelping' had started again when I'd been at the vets with the dog.

It turned out that the battery in one of the Smoke Alarms was running low and giving off an intermittant warning.

Ask me was I scarleh?
                  Gatsby

Caesar et erat forti, Brutus et sum iam, Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic intram.

Comment

hahha at least you didnt figure you had a ghost...............

does anyone know how to fix a whiny husband? all suggestions taken into account

Comment

.....[...]does anyone know how to fix a whiny husband? all suggestions taken into account
                      Lots of TLC helps.
                      'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

feck off rashers hehe im all outa tlc..i was thinking of electric shocks meself................i think hes going on strike thats the problem lol

Comment

well i think the plumber was hoping the priest might do an exorcism hehe...i had this funny noise coming from under the sink for a full week (i thought...neighbors agreed)...willie was away...so eventually got a plumber...no plumbing problem....he suggested an electrician...$65 an hour for these guys.....noise never stopped and now i was so terrified i was sleeping in the bed with all the kids...never slept a wink listening to the noise...plumber back took everything apart...listening to the noise as he worked hehe...it was loud.....i decided at this point we should move......out fast lol..so im whining to willie and threatening to move into a hotel that night...sooooooo he decided to fly home that night and leave his meetings early.....so 3 hrs later........ the bastard marie, walks in....stops in the hallway....listens...marches right into the kitchen lifts a chair i had in a corner...kicks out this kids toy from under it.....end of noise...it was one of those noise makers hehee...i slept for 3 days straight sos i wouldnt have to listen to him whining hehe
                          Helen you are just too funny,I think that"toy" was yours,you didn't hide it well enough!roflmao. I think you are doing a great job in the garden.I will tell you all about me ripping out a pantry 6 months after we moved into a brand new house,My Husband never knew what to expect when he came home from work.I miss all that now I am renting,but I can still paint...... YES!!! ^5

Comment

hahha at least you didnt figure you had a ghost...............

does anyone know how to fix a whiny husband? all suggestions taken into account
                            A holiday at the beach! lol

Comment

well thats on the agenda marie have to bring him with me though to share the driving hehe

Comment

Helen as men get older they become whiny lol. Its great i can escape and only have to listen to him on the phone. lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X