Harcourt House Pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harcourt House Pub

I am looking to know what happened to the Harcourt House Pub, owned by the Gleason family. I presume it was demolished-from satellite map view. If anyone has some information thank you.

I remember Gleeson's Pub on Harcourt Road.....was demolished around 1998 I think
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

yes thats the one. i was friends with one of the daughters, visited in 1988 for a couple months. wondering where she went.

Comment

[ATTACH]68783[/ATTACH]

Comment

If "Auld Decency" was still posting he would be able to tell more about the place , he and his family drank in there i believe.......
          Was the daughter Kathy?

Comment

thanks for posting that photo.
            There were a couple/few daughters. Josephine is the one i was friends with. Kathy could have been the name of the sister i met. i do remember a garage next door.

Comment

Can never remember any garage being there

Comment

is that on the corner of Harcourt road and Harcourt street? i wish i had the photos with me. they are buried back home somewhere. i live in ireland now.

Comment

Can't ever remember any garage being there

Comment

well i thought there was one. the dad had a mercedes. its been so long.... i do remember a kebob/chipper across the street.

Comment

I drank in Gleeson's in the late 60's and early 70's, I don't remember the daughters, You may be thinking of the garage at the top of Harcourt Street, just a block over. I think it was called Auto Services

Comment

Originally posted by Aulddub View Post
                        I drank in Gleeson's in the late 60's and early 70's, I don't remember the daughters, You may be thinking of the garage at the top of Harcourt Street, just a block over. I think it was called Auto Services
                        I think it was called Smiths they were Renault dealers.
                        Legendary Bass Player

Comment

That's right, they bought it from Auto Services

Comment

hi auldub, would you know anything about what happened to the family? thank you

Comment

Sorry, I can't help you there, I have a memory that they bought a pub somewhere else on the southside but where I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X