Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Photos (Outside of Dublin) of Ireland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The two girls whose faces we can't see appear to be the youngest two in this photo.

L-R Josephine and Victoria

Comment

• Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
      The two girls whose faces we can't see appear to be the youngest two in this photo.L-R Josephine and Victoria
      Anything a bit bigger Nappers
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
        The two girls whose faces we can't see appear to be the youngest two in this photo.

L-R Josephine and Victoria
        The one on the right is Geraldine

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles View Post
          The one on the right is Geraldine
          Yes, behind her dad.

Comment

• Confusion reigns or what

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
            Chas Chaplin on fishing holiday in Killarney, Ireland, 14th July 1960.
            Chaplin's wife Oona O'Neill (1925 - 1991) is on the far right.
            And not a lifejacket in sight
            The info was clear on the pic when I nicked it....it's Getty and pretty reliable.

This is where it all goes wrong ffs lol.....

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
            I wonder is that a young Geraldine Chaplin at the back?
            The only female face we can see is Mrs Chaplin AT THE FRONT of the boat.

Originally posted by dinny View Post
            She would have been 16.....that person looks younger
            Dinny you are talking about Mrs Chaplin at the FRONT of the boat.....Bojangles said "at the back" We Can't see the faces of the females at the BACK of the boat

Dinny I just had a closer look. That girl looks a lot older. Maybe 20s or 30s.
            You are now talking about Mrs Chaplin at the FRONT of the boat, causing all sorts of confusion LMAO
            Originally posted by dinny View Post
            I think she was his oldest child....maybe it is her.....but she was 16 in 1960
            Still talking about Mrs Chaplin at the FRONT of the boat.

Tag says...Mrs on the far right...assume that's the one next to the female holding the fishing rod....nothing said about a daughter in original tag.
            Second look...the person holding the F Rod at the back of the boat could even be a male.
            Even got me talking about the BACK of the boat here now I meant to say FRONT

Hard to tell. She’s a great actor. Getting better with age.
            There's no confusion about that tag on the pic, it clearly states that it's Mrs Chaplin....easy to tell if it's captioned for you....unless way off the mark....but when we confuse the front and back of the feggin boat..where then lol

I'd say it's Mrs slouched down extreme right, as the tag said....and the wan on her right is a family pal....they both look too old to be either of those two kids in the other pic.
            As the Getty caption said it was....and be done with it NO ????.

The one at the back of the boat , with the scarf ? I can see her face.
            THATS THE FRONT OF THE BOAT

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
            I'm confused as to which of the pictures everyone is talking about
            So is every other fugger at this point except Nappers who is trying to unravel it....knowing that that's Mrs C at the front of the boat iaw the tag....and the two figures at the back near Charlie are most likely his two younger daughters...which is most likely correct.

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
            This pic
            Me too as the only two girls in the pic have their backs to the cam. Only Chaplin, the boatman, his son Michael and wife Oona faces visible to me.
            Yeah you're RIGHT....absolutely correct. It's all down to the POINTY bit being the front of any boat....The blunt bit is the back Simple pic gone haywire by not knowing the front from the back

Comment

• Chaplin reminds me a bit of Riposte in that picture with the hat

Comment

• Originally posted by damntheweather View Post
                anything a bit bigger nappers
                lmao
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X