Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shandon is still lovely

Comment

Hi spud here is another place I am sure you delivered to. Can you name it.

Comment

lovely pic of the square pegasus

Comment

Looks like Prospect Square.....but I think it may be Gt Western Square...
          It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
            Looks like Prospect Square.....but I think it may be Gt Western Square...
            never even considered Prospect lol

Comment

Great Western Square it is.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wasnt there a liptons store on the left there in phibsboro...i have memories of the delivery guys on their bikes

Comment

Liptons were on the left looking up towards the Church. Apart from the names over shops there does not seem to have been any structural change to the buildings in the photo for well over 100 years. My recollection of the 1950's/60's is that Mooneys were where Doyles are in that photo and in fact the Pub across the road next to The Hut pub was called Doyles. Is my memory playing tricks on me or did Doyles sell and eventually them or another Doyles came back and bought across the road. Whatever the story it was known as Doyles Corner, still is and always will be.

Good photo Nansson.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasus View Post
                      Liptons were on the left looking up towards the Church. Apart from the names over shops there does not seem to have been any structural change to the buildings in the photo for well over 100 years. My recollection of the 1950's/60's is that Mooneys were where Doyles are in that photo and in fact the Pub across the road next to The Hut pub was called Doyles. Is my memory playing tricks on me or did Doyles sell and eventually them or another Doyles came back and bought across the road. Whatever the story it was known as Doyles Corner, still is and always will be.

Good photo Nansson.
                      Didnt the pub on opposite corner change its name to Arthur Conan Doyle for a time?

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                        Wasnt there a liptons store on the left there in phibsboro...i have memories of the delivery guys on their bikes
                        I had a cousin who was one of those delivery boys. Didn't they have a green sheet of tin with the name Lipton under the crossbar? (Don't know where I pulled that from. Can hardly remember last week! haha)

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          I had a cousin who was one of those delivery boys. Didn't they have a green sheet of tin with the name Lipton under the crossbar? (Don't know where I pulled that from. Can hardly remember last week! haha)
                          we are all like that spud......50 yrs ago no probs...last week....ehhhhhhh????

Comment

Originally posted by pegasus View Post
                            Hi spud here is another place I am sure you delivered to. Can you name it.

I can now Pegasus - again it looks so different. I will have to pay a visit to that whole area soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                              Shandon is still lovely
                              As it was 40 years ago.

Comment

great photo's
                                The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Working...
                                X