Drama Series Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those interested "Fifty shades of Grey" is on RTE2 @ 9.30
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• just about to start watching dr foster on bbciplayer, missed it first time around

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
        just about to start watching dr foster on bbciplayer, missed it first time around
        (Episodes 3 & 4 are on BBC1 Tonight)

I'm going to see a man about a dog......later

Comment

just about to start watching dr foster on bbciplayer, missed it first time around
          i didn't miss much......what a pile of crap, makes "Doctors" look realistic.

Comment

• A new mystery thriller this Sunday night at 9pm BBC1. Based on books by JK Rowling.....hopefully not tripe like Harry Potter.

RadioTimes
            When is Strike: The Cuckoo’s Calling on TV?

It has been announced that the first episode of JK Rowling’s mystery thriller (adapted by screenwriter Ben Richards) will begin on Sunday 27th August at 9.00pm on BBC1, with the second episode airing the day after on Monday 28th August at 9.00pm.

That’s the August bank holiday weekend, so expect a Strike-filled couple of days.

Following that the next three episodes of this seven-part series will air on the 3rd, 10th and 17th September.

What is it based on?

The series is adapted from JK Rowling’s mystery novel The Cuckoo’s Calling, written under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith and originally a secret project for the Harry Potter author until her cover was blown after publication.

The book was written in 2013 and has been adapted into three one-hour episodes, with the Strike series’ first 2014 sequel The Silkworm adapted into a two-part story by Tom Edge and due to air in the weeks after. In total, it will be a seven-part series.

What’s it about?

After the death of model Lula Landry, struggling private detective Cormoran Strike is hired to find out if the official police verdict of suicide is accurate, finding himself drawn into a celebrity world he’s tried to avoid his whole life.

Meanwhile, as she helps with his enquiries, Strike’s new temp Robin begins to discover her boss’s own dark past….

Comment

• Have the book at home about 2 years and still haven't gotten around to reading it......wonder would it spoil it for me if I watch it

Comment

• decided to give dr foster another go and it's got better, about to start part 4.

Comment

decided to give dr foster another go and it's got better, about to start part 4.
                  Could never take to Suranne Jones.......

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                    Could never take to Suranne Jones.......
                    oh i like her......

Comment

• wheres KatieMorag??

jezus katie..where the heck are you im all outa stuff to watch....i need advice lol.....

Comment

• She was online earlier today Helen just has not posted in a few days. I am sure she will reply to u soon as she sees this.
                        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

• i'm here helen.......

Comment

• thank god katie...dont leave me with these mad people hehe...and also im out of tv programs...any suggestions...

Stan Lees Luck Man is what im watching but its a long weekend and i'll be done with it tonight....im desperate haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                              thank god katie...dont leave me with these mad people hehe...and also im out of tv programs...any suggestions...

Stan Lees Luck Man is what im watching but its a long weekend and i'll be done with it tonight....im desperate haha
                              not at the moment Helen.......nothing much on tv here, I was going to watch the J K Rowling detective series but I'm getting a bit sick of that genre......they're all the bloody same......

Comment

• I hear Narcos is back....i'll try look for that......did you check out Mr Mercedes??

Comment

Working...
                                X