Gardening .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    If there is big holes maybe a bit of straw or dead grass.....The little ones, they will bring in their own material....Bugs mostly use it in the autumn.....Don't face them in direct sunlight or facing north...
    I make my own so when I drill the holes I leave a bit drill shavings inside.....

As well as hanging ones I have a half metre cube one on the ground with all sorts of bits in it, including rolled up soft corrugated cardboard.....
    Thank you Quinner, I have not opened the box as yet, so not sure how big the holes are. On the box it says, place it on a South, East facing wall. Now I have to find the compass to find which wall it has to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by bettyl View Post
      Thank you Quinner, I have not opened the box as yet, so not sure how big the holes are. On the box it says, place it on a South, East facing wall. Now I have to find the compass to find which wall it has to go on.
      Lol...The sun rises in the east and at midday it is at its highest So in between there should be ok....

Christian churches face east/west....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Lol...The sun rises in the east and at midday it is at its highest So in between there should be ok....

Christian churches face east/west....
        They used to bury the dead facing east, because the resurrection and light will come from the east. Not sure if that’s still the fashion.
        I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
        Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
          They used to bury the dead facing east, because the resurrection and light will come from the east. Not sure if that’s still the fashion.
          I think it is jembo...

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
            Lichen only grows on the North side of trees......

Comment

Lichen only grows on the North side of trees......
              In addition, golden coloured lichen/moss grows on the southern side and is used in navigation.Nature showing you the way without a compass.
              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Dumbest case of the year.

Comment

A waste of time and money

Comment

I despair of that country sometimes

Comment

Working...
                    X