Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    bleedin' radiators......see what you did there dinny
    Was bleedin them this week......what a waste.....even if the coal effect fire did throw out heat it wouldn't be working because the heating is not working
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
      Was bleedin them this week......what a waste.....even if the coal effect fire did throw out heat it wouldn't be working because the heating is not working
      only if it was connected to the boiler.......

Comment

only if it was connected to the boiler.......
        It is

Comment

• I'll tell you one thing mrs D must have a direct line to God because with all her praying i turned on the heating just now and it's working

Comment

• Originally posted by barefoot View Post
            Funny but myself and Mr BF had a conversation just last week about our oil fired central heating. I asked him if we had any solid fuel like coal or briquettes in the boilerhouse because I had this thought ...what would we do for heat if the heating went on the blink.
            We have an open fire but we haven't used it for years.
            Open fires here in living rm and din rm ....love them....remind me of childhood on cold wintery days....sitting on the Home Sweet Home fender huddled round making bread toast or toasting marshmallows when we were really lucky....
            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

I'll tell you one thing mrs D must have a direct line to God because with all her praying i turned on the heating just now and it's working
              Had to turn it off as the house is like a furnace .....mrs D said she will kill me if it doesn't come back on later

Comment

• so glad to hear your heating problem;s been resolved Dinny

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                  Open fires here in living rm and din rm ....love them....remind me of childhood on cold wintery days....sitting on the Home Sweet Home fender huddled round making bread toast or toasting marshmallows when we were really lucky....
                  I have an open fire in the living room but it's rarely used. I'm not very good at lighting fires and I tend to use it for burning paperwork instead of shredding but I really shouldn't as it's a fire risk. I love the look of the fireplace even though I don't use it much.

Comment

so glad to hear your heating problem;s been resolved Dinny
                    Remains to be seen will it ignite when i turn it on again......and a Happy Christmas to you Katie and all your piglets

Comment

Remains to be seen will it ignite when i turn it on again......and a Happy Christmas to you Katie and all your piglets
                      thanks Dinny, and to you and all your guests!

Comment

• Glad you got the heat back Dinny. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it will work when you turn it on again.

Comment

• Have to say, the Action Man bed is surprisingly comfortable........deffo beats the sofa and I haven't flattened it yet, even after gorging myself silly yesterday......

Comment

Have to say, the Action Man bed is surprisingly comfortable........deffo beats the sofa and I haven't flattened it yet, even after gorging myself silly yesterday......
                            All ye need now is the Man of Action eh ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                              All ye need now is the Man of Action eh ?.
                              yes, bit thin on the ground to say the least......

Comment

yes, bit thin on the ground to say the least......
                                I know a few seasoned oul salts ....who are used te sleepin on beds loike dat... Could do some matchmaking for a fee

Comment

Working...
                                X