Howth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howth

1916 Upcoming Event 8th April, The Abbey Tavern Howth. An Evening of Song Music Stories Featuring Michael Howard Fionnuala Howard, Howth Singing Circle,

A host of Musicians and singers from Local Sessions. Plus some surprises,

Tickets 5 Euro Available from Abbey Tavernor howthsuttonbaldoyle2016@eircom.net

Howth my favourite part of Dublin. I love to take the ferry over to Ireland's Eye when weather is fine.

Comment

Right on Pauline as it is a beautiful place .Had many a great day and many a great night in the local pubs when I was growing up and great memory's there.
      Well,done Joan,hope you all have a great time

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
        Right on Pauline as it is a beautiful place .Had many a great day and many a great night in the local pubs when I was growing up and great memory's there.
        Well,done Joan,hope you all have a great time
        I used to go to the Royal Hotel in Howth every Saturday in the sixties to see the Dubliners,5 shillings admission

Comment

Originally posted by joan mack View Post
          1916 Upcoming Event 8th April, The Abbey Tavern Howth. An Evening of Song Music Stories Featuring Michael Howard Fionnuala Howard, Howth Singing Circle,

A host of Musicians and singers from Local Sessions. Plus some surprises,

Tickets 5 Euro Available from Abbey Tavernor howthsuttonbaldoyle2016@eircom.net
          One of my favourite watering holes many moons ago, when the Dubliners used to play there.
          'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Meeting about the Gun Running in Howth
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
              One of my favourite watering holes many moons ago, when the Dubliners used to play there.
              It was great rashers ,many a good night there .

Comment

Howth

HOWTH -now one big mobile home car park

Comment

Originally posted by antmel View Post
                  HOWTH -now one big mobile home car park
                  ???....I think Howth is lovely...
                  It is what it is.

Comment

Howth is beautiful and so much to do. walk to the end and then start up the hill of Howth. Your arse will be hitting the ground it is so steep but so exhilarating

Turn to your left when you come out of the Train Station and enter Clairmount Beach and walk up to Sutton where it is sandy and very pleasant,

Go to the Fish shops up to your left and even if you don't buy fresh fish pay two euro for a bucket of fish heads to feed the Seals.

My Grandkids love it. The Seals jump up and down to show their appreciation and they seem to have an endless appetite,

Go to Wrights Chipper get some fish and chips and they are served in boxes with plastic knive's and fork and slice of lemon. The wide wall across from the chipper is the perfect table as you view the wonderful scenary.

Two Stops on the Train and I am there. I go there a lot in summer and I never tire of it.

When my kids were tiny we went to Deer Park and sat in the gardens filled with Rhododendrons and there was a playground there Happy days Sometimes we picked some and I was lucky enough to get them to grow in my garden
                    Last edited by joan mack; 14-04-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Lovely photo of Howth the way it once was
                            Attached Files

Comment

“Friends of Howth Maritime Museum” are screening the much acclaimed film “ATLANTIC” narrated by Brendan Gleeson and directed by film maker Richie O’Donnell on Thursday next 26th May at 8pm in the ABBEY TAVERN, HOWTH admission €7.

“ATLANTIC” follows the fortunes of three small fishing communities in Galway, Newfoundland and Norway as they struggle to maintain their way of life in the face of mounting economic and ecological challenges.

Among the scandalous fishing techniques being used in exploiting the fish stock the film describes how one super trawler caught 9,000 tons of herring and then dumped 4,000 tons of them back because they were to small and would not have got a good price. The effects of oil rigs in the fishing grounds are also highlighted.

“ATLANTIC” has featured in the Irish Times, television, RTE afternoon radio show and last Friday night on Seascapes. Follow the AFLOAT link and go to bottom of article to listen to the Seascapes feature on “ATLANTIC”

Another great You Tube clip on the “ATLANTIC” film

'Supertrawlers' clip from 'Atlantic' – YouTube

Notice attached, we would appreciated you sharing this email with your friends.

Tickets are available from the Abbey Tavern 01 8390307, Dermot Quinn, Martin McLoughlin at “Nicky’s Plaice on Howth West Pier, Paddy Daly, Eleanor Griffin, Edgar McLoughlin, Sean O’Brien or myself Pat Murphy 087 253 13 41

Hope to see you there, admission by ticket only.

Comment

Working...
                              X