X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eerie picture of Crumlin Graveyard. Late at night passing this was so scary
    Attached Files

Comment

• This was our local chipper. We bought Icecreams or chips and sat over on the large seats. There were only a few of them It looks trendier now and its a GRILL lol!
      Attached Files

Comment

• I knew some people who lived on that road. Did you know any of them Joan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
          I knew some people who lived on that road. Did you know any of them Joan?
          I knew a few I also knew all the shop owners. That road was considered posh when we were growing up but a few of the kids slummed it and played around the same area as we

Comment

• Bay City Roller Fans at the STAR Crumlin
            Attached Files

Comment

• I knew the O'Rourkes and the McCarthys

Comment

• Those names don't ring a bell Vico I knew Ralphs and Chambers and a few others, There was a lady doctor down towards the shops I went to once or twice

There was also Bennets Farm I knew then well and of Course the Dispensary where you went to have teeth pulled
                Attached Files

Comment

• I recognise tht one Joan

Comment

• Hi Vico. My Grandfather often said that the Crows build their nest the first of March. BUT he said if the First of March falls on Sunday they don't build their nest until the second.

I always believed this. I thought with your knowledge of the animal world you would know it its true??

Comment

• Sorry Joan, I don't know. Birds normally build nests in Spring but regarding start dated, no idea. The only thing I can confirm is that the swallows migrate and return on the same dates every year.

Comment

• I started to Google it Vico. Didn't get that info, But I did read that they mate for life. That they are sexually mature at two years but don't mate until much later and that although all crows to you look alike they can recognise every human

So If you have been kind to them they will remember that, If you are cruel They will dive bomb you. They are highly intelligent and we have a right to be scared of them How fascinating. I'll never look at a crow in the same way again

Still don't know about the Sunday thing

Comment

• I did know they were intelligent Joan. Crowe is kind of a family name as I understand it, there area different types, but all belonging to the Crowe family. Most animals remember kindness and cruelty, like ourselves

Comment

• Yes Vico just like us in that respect. They mostly only last a year build a nest have one brood and they are very seldom alive with their brood the following year.

See you have me studying Animals also, You must tell me about the wolf I know he is your favourite

Comment

• Old Hand Ball Alley in Crumlin
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                                Old Hand Ball Alley in Crumlin
                                Where was that Joan

Comment

Working...
                                X