Lockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    all his other books katie are pretty cheap im convinced theres a mistake....i found some error in pricing on amazon a while ago with another book...Noras book about her childhood.....and they fixed it for me...i thought i was going to have to take out a mortgage to get it lol..hopefully this will be the same
    If its not, are you going to refund Katie the difference?

Comment

if i can get it at a reasonable price....not anywhere along the value of my truck i will pick it up and send it to katie.....no refunds though hehe

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
        does anyone know how I can obtain a (cheap) copy of Padraig Yeates' book about the Lockout? I found his book on Dublin during the 1st world war very readable and informative, and would love to read this one, but on amazon it's 217 dollars! If anyone has a copy, could you let me know so i could perhaps borrow it?
        Send a PM to Twangman or Riposte... one or both are aquainted with the author far as I know...
        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
          Send a PM to Twangman or Riposte... one or both are aquainted with the author far as I know...
          yes, I might give them a try.

Comment

does anyone know how I can obtain a (cheap) copy of Padraig Yeates' book about the Lockout? I found his book on Dublin during the 1st world war very readable and informative, and would love to read this one, but on amazon it's 217 dollars! If anyone has a copy, could you let me know so i could perhaps borrow it?
            Very rare and expensive....just had a look around me usual bazaars and if this is what they say, and their special ordering service cuts the moutard ....@ £19:99 then grab it quick, might even get one on order meself............The man himself below.

The industry and employment correspondent of The Irish Times tells the tale of the most famous labor dispute in Irish history. It began with transit workers str
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 30-04-2013, 10:51 AM.
            We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Here yar Kates, from the horses mouth....you'll enjoy this lot no doubt
              A video interview/ documentary on The Dublin Lockout of 1913 with Padraig Yeates, a leading historian on the subject. He has written extensively on it and is the author of 'Lockout: Dublin 1913'. This Interview, conducted by two UCD students Aoife O’Neill and Michael Smalle, was filmed in Liberty Hall and is being used by the 1913 committee in their program of events.

Comment

Thanks DTW, have now ordered my copy.

Comment

Thanks DTW, have now ordered my copy.
                  Good girl yerself

Comment

thats great......hope it arrives safely...

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                      thats great......hope it arrives safely...
                      Why wouldn't it... DTW is packing it in a jiffy bag right now.
                      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                        Why wouldn't it... DTW is packing it in a jiffy bag right now.
                        That's right.....oil get it there in a Jiffy.

Comment

Some songs and poems http://www.dublincitypubliclibraries...red-hand-badge

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                            That's right.....oil get it there in a Jiffy.
                            It never came.....got an email from your Blackwell's cancelling my order saying it was out of print......now ordered it from Amazon.

Comment

Nearly finished the book - very good, if you're interested in the Lockout and Dublin of that era in general. It's a huge book, I still have about 5 chapters to go, but so far, Jim Larkin is looking more like an egotistical fantasist than a working-class hero, pursuing his "Fiery Cross" campaign in Britain while Connolly and the Dublin Trades Council are left at home to try to sort things out......

Comment

Larkin Trial Nov 1913.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X