• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    wish id read this at 8am this morning hahhahaa
    lol, wish I knew it years ago, just shelled 6 eggs in a few seconds

Comment

I made Thai Green Curry yesterday, taste was nice but the recipe said serves 6 and there was not enough sauce to serve 3?

anyone got a tried and tested good recipe please

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
        I love life hacks, but not all of them work. Saw one a few days ago for shelling hard boiled eggs so tried it today and it worked, so easy, why did I not learn this years ago

When they are finished boiling, empty out the boiling water, cool with some cold water, empty the water again and then shake the pot so that the eggs bash against the sides and each other, shells come away themselves.

I keep a small basin in the sink to collect the water.

You can do the same for a single boiled egg in a small glass with some water in the glass.
        If you pour your boilng egg water over weeds growing on your patio it kills them

Comment

Chicken & mushroom lasagne.
          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

I belong to recipes.com and I believe that there is a European site.?
            Nice lasagna too is chicken,Italian sausage and lean hamburger .I have my own peppers which are frozen from last summer out of my garden and I save the herbs too.
            I do a two currant soda bread but I have never had it like my mothers?
            Anyone with soda bread from home recipe I would appreciate it.

Comment

INGREDIENTS:

350g/12oz Odlums Coarse Ground Wholemeal
              125g/4oz Odlums Cream Flour
              15g/1/2 oz Odlums Wheatgerm (optional)
              275-425ml/1/2-3/4pt Buttermilk or Sour Cream
              1 tsp Bread Soda
              1/2 tsp Salt
              25g/1oz Odlums Bran (optional)

METHOD:

Sieve the cream flour, salt and bread soda into a bowl. Mix in the wholemeal, wheatgerm and bran, if used. Add enough milk to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured board. Knead until the mixture comes together smoothly. Place dough on a floured baking sheet. Cut a cross over the top.
              Place in a central oven position and bake in a preheated oven 400°F, 200°C, Gas 6 for approx. 40 mins. When baked the bread will have a hollow sound if tapped on the base. Cool on a wire tray. A dry tea towel wrapped around the bread at this stage helps to give a softer crust.
              RECIPE NOTES:

Bread can also be baked in a 7″ deep cake tin.

Sieve the cream plain flour, salt and bread soda into a bowl. Mix in the wholemeal flour, wheatgerm and wheat bran, if used. Add enough milk to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured board. Knead until the mixture comes together smoothly. Place dough on a floured baking sheet. Cut a cross over the top. Place in a central oven position and bake in a preheated oven 200

Comment

INGREDIENTS:

450g/1lb Odlums Cream (Plain) Flour
                1 level teaspoon Bread Soda
                2 level teaspoons Bextartar
                Good pinch of Salt
                1 tablespoon Sugar (optional)
                25g/1oz Margarine
                A little over 1/2 pint Fresh Milk

METHOD:

Sieve flour, bread soda, Bextartar and salt into a bowl. Add sugar if required.
                Rub in the margarine to resemble breadcrumbs, lifting mixture with fingertips to introduce air to the dough.
                Add milk and mix to make a soft dough.
                Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead a little.
                Turn the smooth side up and shape into a round. Place the dough on a floured tin.
                Cut a cross over the top.
                Bake in a pre-heated oven, 400°F/200°C/Gas 6 for 40-45 minutes.
                When baked the underneath when “tapped” should have a hollow sound.
                Cool on a wire tray. Cover with a tea towel to give a soft crust.
                RECIPE NOTES:

A hand full of raisins may be added to the dry ingredients before adding the milk; this will give a nice Station Bread!

Comment

Ty for that and I will give it a go....

Comment

A London restaurant is serving a £65 quid fry up

I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

4 sausages, 3 tomatoes, streaky bacon, baked beans, 4 mushroom tops and bread
                      not sure that would stretch to serve 6? but the giant egg might

Comment

Working...
                      X