Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    Old Camden Street....
    I'm trying to remember the name of a secondhand book shop on Old Camden Street (opposite the Depot). Was it The Banba Bookshop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty.walsh View Post
      I'm trying to remember the name of a secondhand book shop on Old Camden Street (opposite the Depot). Was it The Banba Bookshop?
      Banba rings a bell.....
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty.walsh View Post
        I was 10 at the time and went to Synge St. We had played at the site some days before. I remember the guards came to the school to ask if anyone had seen anything. You are right there seemed very little interest in solving the case.
        Ah you survived the "un-christian brothers" of synger too? A load of mainly evil bar stewards for sure!
        Who loves ye baby?

Comment

• Originally posted by jakey boy View Post
          Ah you survived the "un-christian brothers" of synger too? A load of mainly evil bar stewards for sure!
          Jakey; Wouldn't you be a bit grumpy too if you signed up for a life with no nookey.I mean the real kind.lol

Comment

Great te see ye postin there Jakers Boyo....long time since our meet with MKM an Red Biddy in the hotel.... I'm still wearin the u no wot....it's the envy of all in my local.....yeee haaa.....up theirs.

Comment

• You'll be in receipt of newer model on next visit! Tried to track down our old long lost pal and all round good guy "jimmymac" to no avail, hopefully our paths will cross again some day either in cyber space or in one of south centrals noted hostelries!
              Who loves ye baby?

Comment

You'll be in receipt of newer model on next visit! Tried to track down our old long lost pal and all round good guy "jimmymac" to no avail, hopefully our paths will cross again some day either in cyber space or in one of south centrals noted hostelries!
                Haha.....that'll be the bizzo Jakey.....JM might come home for the grand opening of Fallons..... I cant get his old number to work.....but will try his daughters number an let ye know.

Comment

• Discotheque never mentioned!

I've read hundreds of posts and comments about Dublin discos of the sixties at various websites over the past few months but not one of them mentioned the Countdown Club in Mary St directly facing the motor insurance office (PMPA). I still have my membership card for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Kennedy View Post
                    I've read hundreds of posts and comments about Dublin discos of the sixties at various websites over the past few months but not one of them mentioned the Countdown Club in Mary St directly facing the motor insurance office (PMPA). I still have my membership card for it.
                    Ollie Byrne ran the Countdown Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Kennedy View Post
                      They liked Phillo and his mates there.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                        They liked Phillo and his mates there.
                        Anyone ever seen dat "Purple Pussy".

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by LIAM269 View Post
                            Good pub....original interior....they pull the heart an soul out of trad pubs these days.....it's like when they destroyed the interiors of Victorian / Edwardian houses with 'modernisation' in the 60's......Pubs are being pulled asunder daily... in UK anyway.

Comment

• Might pay a visit there tonight.....or leave it until next week
                              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                                Might pay a visit there tonight.....or leave it until next week
                                Here yar Din I've cropped it up and played with the colour contrast, so yill know it when ye see it....lol
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X