No announcement yet.

Raheny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember after I had my son, the local nurse called out to see how I was getting on. In those days they did that kind of thing. It turned out that I knew her, she had been one year ahead of me in school. She told me when she was training there was a young unmarried girl in labour and very upset. Pauline took her hand and tried to calm her. The girl told Pauline (the nurse) that she could not understand why she got pregnant, as her boyfriend told her if they did it standing up, all would be well. So they did it standing up under Harold's Cross bridge. Every time I passed that bridge afterwards I though of it. Actually the little path there is very narrow, they could have ended up in the canal.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        I remember after I had my son, the local nurse called out to see how I was getting on. In those days they did that kind of thing. It turned out that I knew her, she had been one year ahead of me in school. She told me when she was training there was a young unmarried girl in labour and very upset. Pauline took her hand and tried to calm her. The girl told Pauline (the nurse) that she could not understand why she got pregnant, as her boyfriend told her if they did it standing up, all would be well. So they did it standing up under Harold's Cross bridge. Every time I passed that bridge afterwards I though of it. Actually the little path there is very narrow, they could have ended up in the canal.
        And broke her waters

Comment

I just realised I put the wrong video up. I meant to put up this one of Harmonstown 1957

Comment

Working...
          X