Hypnosis (Merged with Insomnia )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypnosis (Merged with Insomnia )

What do you do to help you get to sleep? I do several things; one is to make alphabetical lists in my head, usually girls' names with a theme eg French names, people I've known, or I imagine my dream home room by room, or I
    play "link the soap characters", making a chain in my head that links 2 characters through their various relationships. I might sound like a nutter but all of these work really well........
    Last edited by bojangles; 10-01-2018, 07:03 PM.

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    What so you do to help you get to sleep? I do several things; one is to make alphabetical lists in my head, usually girls' names with a theme eg French names, people I've known, or I imagine my dream home room by room, or I
    play "link the soap characters", making a chain in my head that links 2 characters through their various relationships. I might sound like a nutter but all of these work really well........
    Insomnia , thankful ly I never suffered with it .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      Insomnia , thankful ly I never suffered with it .
      you don't know what you're missing, tb......"Link the Soap Characters" is a great game.......

Comment

you don't know what you're missing, tb......"Link the Soap Characters" is a great game.......
        One of the lads in the job suffers with it ,he went to the doctor and he gave him a couple of options , he was unsure which way to go , the doctor told to go home and have a sleep on it and let him know in a couple of days ......doctors , I ask ya .

Comment

One of the lads in the job suffers with it ,he went to the doctor and he gave him a couple of options , he was unsure which way to go , the doctor told to go home and have a sleep on it and let him know in a couple of days ......doctors , I ask ya .
          Jesus TB, your jokes are nearly as bad as your tips......

Comment

Jesus TB, your jokes are nearly as bad as your tips......
            I bet , pardon the pun , you had a little giggle though , I had .

Comment

I bet , pardon the pun , you had a little giggle though , I had .
              okay, it wasn't bad.......

Comment

Dont even go there with this ...ive had insomnia for years..it goes part and parcel with the lupus disease i have...

so for example..i go to bed at 11 exhausted....by 12 im getting twitchy cos im fed up laying down wide awake..by 1.230 i get the feck up...at which stage my energy is boundless..i could clean the whole house...bake...cook...do laundry..then i might sit online and catch up with the news..im probably in and out for a couple of smokes .....at 5am......im starting to feel a bit like i might nap...but i have to get up at 6am anyways....so i make coffee..(feck sleeping milky aids hehe) go out and have a smoke and then in for a shower to wake up....my only hope now for a rest of any description is if i catch 5 min naps thro the day... Nothing works for me....so i can do this easily for a couple of days...but then...boom my body starts giving out on me....and im minding left branch bundle block issues with the heart...ie vfib or mostly afib.. anyone any ideas id love to hear them...id try anything for a decent nights sleep

Comment

I noticed that when I had the flu a few weeks ago that when I took the codrel NIGHT TIME tablets I got great sleeps. Went to the Doc. and asked him what was in dem dare tablets ?, .... he said "codene" and that it was destroying the health of many Australians. So he gave me some "real sleeping pills" ... and guess what .... dats rite, dey were shoit, kept me awake most of the night ... so I told him I binned them.

Comment

hahhaa..i hear ya...i cant take pills of any description cos i react to them.....willie has some sleeping medication and now and then when im fecking around in the bed and keeping him awake he'll take one.....drives me nuts there he is zonked out like a baby...snoring...when i take one what happens??? i have so much energy i could go to the gym..they hype me up

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                      hahhaa..i hear ya...i cant take pills of any description cos i react to them.....willie has some sleeping medication and now and then when im fecking around in the bed and keeping him awake he'll take one.....drives me nuts there he is zonked out like a baby...snoring...when i take one what happens??? i have so much energy i could go to the gym..they hype me up
                      I used to sleep like a log until my health deteriorated about 10 years ago. Now I'm lucky if get 3-4 hrs broken sleep. Tried everything, but nothing works for me. The GP prescribed sleeping tablets but as they are addictive I stopped taking them after a week. I read and dose,read and dose all night long. Only sometimes can I manage a little sleep during the day and I am always feeling forcked.
                      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

i hear ya....its this 38 thing .......willie on the other hand sleeps like a bloomin baby or log which ever has the best sleep..i lay awake listening to the snores, and trying to hang on to the sheets as he rolls and turns...and he spends all the next day complaining he never slept a wink hahhha

Comment

The Telly , put a boring programme on and view it lying down . You will be asleep in no time .

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                            The Telly , put a boring programme on and view it lying down . You will be asleep in no time .
                            she'd have to wear headphones, think of poor willy

Comment

poor willie hahaa..did ya miss the bit where i said hed sleep thro a bombing...he slept thro a burglary at our house in dublin...me screaming...the house fulla cops...and then he wakes up going what happened lol

Comment

Working...
                              X