No announcement yet.

The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When we came home from Oz in 2000 we put in an offer (asking price) on a house in Barna. Two weeks later and we had heard nothing back from the estate agent so we rang him. He said he was waiting for another couple who were interested in the house to come back from holidays to see if they wanted to make a higher offer. Needless to say we moved on and bought a different house. Months later Mr Barefoot received a call in work from the owner of the Barna house. She asked if we were still interested in her home . She was so upset when she learned we had made an offer on the house...apparently the estate agent never advised her of our offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by barefoot View Post
      When we came home from Oz in 2000 we put in an offer (asking price) on a house in Barna. Two weeks later and we had heard nothing back from the estate agent so we rang him. He said he was waiting for another couple who were interested in the house to come back from holidays to see if they wanted to make a higher offer. Needless to say we moved on and bought a different house. Months later Mr Barefoot received a call in work from the owner of the Barna house. She asked if we were still interested in her home . She was so upset when she learned we had made an offer on the house...apparently the estate agent never advised her of our offer.
      Maybe It's just as well BF.....your better off where you are.....Barna is the sticks
      The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
        Maybe It's just as well BF.....your better off where you are.....Barna is the sticks
        One of our favorite places is Barna we go there a lot to the twelve hotel,but I would say it would be very dreary if you lived there all the year.

Comment

It's only a country mile away Dinny.....

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
            One of our favorite places is Barna we go there a lot to the twelve hotel,but I would say it would be very dreary if you lived there all the year.
            I love Barna too Rasher....it would be my choice for our next and final move. It's a very busy little place now compared to say years ago. Yes the Twelve is nice but the restaurant in the old Twelve Pins was the best ever....

Comment

It's only a country mile away Dinny.....
              Your right of course BF.....for some reason I was thinking of Carraroe...

Comment

Your right of course BF.....for some reason I was thinking of Carraroe...
                Carraroe would be a bit of a step away...lol. I walk to Barna a few times a week...6km and meet Mr B for lunch on his way home from golf....

Comment

Carraroe would be a bit of a step away...lol. I walk to Barna a few times a week...6km and meet Mr B for lunch on his way home from golf....
                  I hope Mr B....pays for lunch

Comment

I hope Mr B....pays for lunch
                    Always Dinny.....

Comment

Always Dinny.....
                      A man after my own heart so

Comment

• i didn't know you'd lived in Australia bf......why did you come back to Erin?

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                          i didn't know you'd lived in Australia bf......why did you come back to Erin?
                          She missed me and my mates ..

Comment

She missed me and my mates ..
                            yeah......that's why she went to Galway........

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                              yeah......that's why she went to Galway........
                              She couldn't stick the excitement in Dublin with us.....it was to much for her...besides she's barred from all the bars....

Comment

She couldn't stick the excitement in Dublin with us.....it was to much for her...besides she's barred from all the bars....
                                that doesn't surprise me dinny

Comment

Working...
                                X